cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [NEW] Scheduled Maintenance on June 16th

NBChris
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I agree.  I just stumbled upon this notice.  I need to be better informed and not have to log in here and stumble upon a post notifying me of the down times.  I'm already a very disgruntled customer.   The new site has not been user friendly.  Public mobile (Telus) is being cash hungry here.  In one more month I will have been a customer for 5 years.  In the last month my monthly direct debit for public mobile after tax has gone from $20.70 to $28.75.  Think about that- use these rough numbers.  100 000 public mobile subscriptions at $8/month increase is $800 000 dollars/month for Public Mobile.  I have wasted to much time dealing with this and now have a negative view of Public.  No longer a strong customer loyalty.  I here about all these points and redeeming for a lower bill.  What a crock of,,,,it.   I’m not spending time on a slow site trying to do stuff over and over to try and get a lower bill.  The slow site reminds me of why I moved from a rural setting into a provincial capital with real Internet speeds.  So far now in the last 2 months I have wasted too much time getting no where but a big increase in my bill.  I used to believe in Public mobile but they are cheap leeches now.

10 REPLIES 10

NBChris

$19 + tax is the before now I paying $25 + tax and have spent way to much time on the snail speed web site wasting time to accomplish nothing and paying $8/month more now and can't use the few meesly points it has given me.   

I feel like I have been having an enema trying to do anything on the web site in my account.

NBChris

I had $19 from $25 before the forced change.  Was auto charged  $25 + tax after the change.  I have now downgraded my $25 plan to the $19 plan, but was very akward and time consuming to do that on the site.  Over all I'm paying $8/month more for the samething, and wasted a lot of time trying to get my service back to what I was paying.  Not worth the time these forced changes resulted in, and my over all bill on the old system was going to drop by another dollar next month.  Instead I'm paying more and have spent more timne than its worth dealing with this,  I could have made more money staying at work and getting paid instead of the time navigating a slow service site, and still trying to figure out how to get anything out of my points this month.  So far I have spent almost $20 more on the new system(May and June) than I would have spent on the old system.  I was a happy camper not having to do anything before the change, but things changed and my serice is costing me $8/month more.   Now I have had to spend a lot of time on a snail speed web site trying to get my bill low again..  pain in the keester and totally unneccesary

hi @NBChris so, you already had a $19 before May, before change to rewards system??

but again, the plan drops from $25 to $19, it is a $6 savings that offset the $2 +$4 rewards you had before.  Still $1 more should you get the extra year, but remember, you get 10 anniversary point plus 5% , that work out to be more than $1

NBChris

The $25 to $19 was before the new points system.  Its gone from $19 plus tax I was paying to $25 + tax, and not enough points I can redeem for anything right now... says I need more points to redeem.  On top of that I was going to get another $1/month loyalty off next month on my 5 year anniversary, and that feature is gone.

@NBChris you bill goes from $25 to $19, a drop of $6 should be sufficient to cover the loss of $2 autopay and $4 or $5 loss from loyalty.

So, with you $19 plan, you are as good As before

NBChris

The data and speeds are not an issue, but my over all bill for exactly the same is now over $8/month more and I only have 7 reward points in my account that as is I can't use them till I get more.   Plus I was looking forward to next month when my old bill was going to drop by $1 more, and that old bonus is gone now, and my bill has gone up more than 25%.  Not a nice reward for the service.  

hi @NBChris $19 plan has better speed than your old $25 plan

Both $19 Nd $25 have same 1GB data, how you got less after the change??

And the 7 points are useful, they worth $7

NBChris

I only really log in to see about the points hype and how how can it apply  to me.  So far I have a big 7 points that appear to be useless as is right now.   All I'm seeing is Public a susiduary of Telus is making about a million dollars a month off there price hike.  I'm 1 month shy of being a 5 year customer on auto pay.  For all that I got a useless 7 points.

NBChris

The $25 plan was not replaced by the $19 plan.  I was auto charged after being a customer since July 2019.  I was paying after tax and fes $20.70 /month to being charged $28.75 for the same service.  I'm now set to renew at $19+ tax/month next month with less data now.  That is making Public mobile ~ a millions dollars more per month more now.   I won't get the extra data with speed next month, but any updates and heavy data use I do at home when I'm wi fi connected to my Rogers home internet.  All this was explained very little by Public mobile, and to read about it on there web site it was at a snails pace navigating the site on my fast home Internet was not an easy chore.  Do I not get any extra points for all my years with Public mobile?  I got the 30Gb of free data before the price increase.  Thats nice but not really needed.  So far I don't have enough points to redeem to lower my points.  So I'm paying $8/month more now for the same service, and will be paying about the same as I used to pay next month now that its set to renew at the lower costing plan.  Not a friendly switch for me....I'm not sure but my credit card was comprimes (not by me) at the end of April, so I had a new card issued.  With the public web site being so slow, and the auto switch it was hard to change my card being charged so I lost service for less than a day correcting in the beginning of May.  Maybe I lost credits for being a customer since July 2019 because of that.  I do not know and am not happy with being charged so much more for my service and the time I have had to spend trying to navigate the super slow public web site to figure out why and unable to use the few measly points I have been give so far.  $8/ month increase and the time spent dealing with it is giving Public poor rating from me now.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@NBChris  What plan are you on?  The $25 has been replaced with a $19 plan, 1GB data at 4G speed instead of 3G.  There is also a $29 plan with 10GB data at 4G speed.   Depending what you are on now that could offset at least some of the cost.   You really don't have to log in that often to redeem points, I just let them accumulate for a while and then redeem a chunk at a time.  You can't redeem for a bill credit until you have 15 anyway.

Need Help? Let's chat.