cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a new account, transferring an existing number to a new SIM card.

Alps
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey all, I've had a PB account for a few years, when I activated my card, it was done through a local shop. I'm helping someone else now, setting up a new PB account for them, can I do this all on my own? I can't seem to find any guide on how to set up a new account and transfer an existing number to a new PB SIM card. Is there a guide somewhere to do this?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

@Alps wrote:

But how do I transfer their existing number to the new SIM that I bought from PB?

First, it's PM - Public Mobile- Not PB Peanut Butter. 🙂 

HI @Chalupa_Batman  take it easy, people had typo sometimes

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Make sure to download the Public Mobile app with SIM in the phone when activating account (will not work otherwise).

Alps

LOL.. Thanks for that!

Alps

Thanks! that makes perfect sense.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

so, you have an account already and you want to put it on the new sim ard?  Are you paying that accout still?

if you are, then you are not really activating new sim card but need to update the current account with this new simcard.  All can be done on My Account

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Alps 

if you have an existing PM account, you just login to My Account, go to Profile page and update the sim card number

if you cannot login My Account , you will need to message PM and they can help

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please take a moment and read the OP's comment again. They are setting up an account for a friend. It has nothing to do with their account. LOL

@Alps wrote:

But how do I transfer their existing number to the new SIM that I bought from PB?

First, it's PM - Public Mobile- Not PB Peanut Butter. 🙂 

First, you sign them up. Get a temporary number. Then once all calls texts and data is working, you can then go into their account and port over the number. Here is a link to confirm their number can be ported.

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

HI @Alps 

if you have an existing PM account, you just login to My Account, go to Profile page and update the sim card number

if you cannot login My Account , you will need to message PM and they can help

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You must make a Public Mobile account And keep your old providers account active, and then choose a plan, after payments it will ask you if you would like to transfer an existing phone number and it will ask you for your account number (old provider account number) and then you will see a text asking to port number reply yes within 90 minutes.

Alps

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you can activate new account using PM app

you can port a number from another provider ot your new account during activation or even after activation

but you cannot port a number with a current PM account to a new PM account.  

Need Help? Let's chat.