cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up APN on iPhone 6S

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

I have tried for a few hours to set up my APN and no luck even though I have read several threads on here and submitted a ticket! I can put in sp.mb.com under APN but no other options listed besides Username and Password. The last 2 (MMSC and MMS Proxy) options to finish it do not show up. I have reset network settings, rebooted and still not able to see it any different. I can make calls but text messages does not work. I am getting very frustrated. Someone please help me.

Here’s how to set up data in 3 steps:1) Tap:

• Settings
  • Cellular
  • Cellular Data Network

2) Input this info:

46 REPLIES 46

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

It sounds like it's set up fine on your end, perhaps this is an issue only @CS_Agent can fix. Good Luck!

@ChuckYeah wrote:

If you go into network selection and turn off automatic, what carriers show up?

I have done that previously and selected Public Mobile and rebooted with no change.

I looked again when you posted and it says Public Mobile, EXT, Bell. On automatic it says Public Mobile.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

If you go into network selection and turn off automatic, what carriers show up?

@88cranston wrote:

Would this help?

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/ios

I saw that already using google search. Theres no LTE setup section. I only have APN, Username and Password section. Thank-you for trying. I appreciate it. I have also google it like crazy. It is very frustrating. I am missing something but can not figure out what! It should not be this difficult.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@88cranston wrote:

iPhone 6S and SE are same. Here are my settings. 

6C050324-CB09-4928-AC66-FF997A2D2583.jpeg

Mine looked like that but as per instructions I set APN to sp.mb.com and rebooted. Still no luck in adding the other settings. 

@LitlLdy wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Read thru this:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/326123/highlight...

It may have something for you. By @CalgaryBen 

I will look to see if that is one I have not read. I have read many threads and have not seen anything different yet.

I looked and have already read that one with no luck.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

iPhone 6S and SE are same. Here are my settings. 

6C050324-CB09-4928-AC66-FF997A2D2583.jpeg

@ChuckYeah wrote:

What version of IOS are you running?

I looked at the link. I have already read if previously before posting. I think I am going blind from all the reading. ha-ha. Very frustrated.

What version of IOS are you running?

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Read thru this:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/326123/highlight...

It may have something for you. By @CalgaryBen 

I will look to see if that is one I have not read. I have read many threads and have not seen anything different yet.

@popping wrote:

@LitlLdy 

Do a simple procedure by restarting your phone and let PM SIM to configure your APN.

Let us know the result.  The iPhone expert @CalgaryBen on this forum will give you a hand when he login.

As in my post I have done that. No luck. Even messaged the bot and tried downloading the settings from web. It didn't work.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Iphones don't allow setting up APN s. They are decided by a carrier settings update. See if there are any updates to your OS available. Esp. if there is a carrier update available.

I did that before posting. I keep it updated.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LitlLdy 

Do a simple procedure by restarting your phone and let PM SIM to configure your APN.

Let us know the result.  The iPhone expert @CalgaryBen on this forum will give you a hand when he login.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Iphones don't allow setting up APN s. They are decided by a carrier settings update. See if there are any updates to your OS available. Esp. if there is a carrier update available.

Need Help? Let's chat.