cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service termination

user2020
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, Moving to the US and just added a US roaming. Then the payment prompted to make another payment at my current rate for the plan to be renewed at the next cycle in the upcoming month. I thought I was making an overdue payment, not a balance top-up since I'll stop using my service even before my current plan expires. So, what happens to the payment I made? 

I don't think the system should have prompted me to renew my plan while there's more than 3 weeks left for my current plan to expire.

I think I should get a refund.

5 REPLIES 5

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@user2020 

Like others, I would suggest contacting a CS Agent (staff) to look into it.  Officially, Public Mobile does not give refunds, however given your situation, it doesn't hurt to ask.  Refunds could take several weeks, so just have that in mind.

On a similar note, if you're moving there permanently, having a Canadian-based service provider no longer really makes sense.  However, if the phone number is still important (eg. family calls you all the time), then you may want to hang on to it.  In that case, I would port the number to a virtual/VoIP provider and forward those calls to your "new" US number or load a VoIP app to get phones on your phone.  🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@user2020 wrote:

Hi, Moving to the US and just added a US roaming. Then the payment prompted to make another payment at my current rate for the plan to be renewed at the next cycle in the upcoming month. I thought I was making an overdue payment, not a balance top-up since I'll stop using my service even before my current plan expires. So, what happens to the payment I made? 

I don't think the system should have prompted me to renew my plan while there's more than 3 weeks left for my current plan to expire.

I think I should get a refund.

@user2020 

Do you mean you purchased a USA 10-day Roaming ADDON, OR

did you upgrade to the $50 Plan?

The $50 Plan is for use ONLY while you are in Canada.

But you can make calls TO the USA while in Canada.

It almost sounds like you did an immediate plan change thinking you could use this plan when you move to the USA.

If so, Public Mobile service only works in USA with Roaming ADDONS that last 10 day intervals.

If you are moving to the USA, Public Mobile service would not be very beneficial for you. Unless this is just a visit for a shorter period.

If I misunderstood the situation, please let me know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@user2020 

at public mobile is Prepaid Plans service,
no extra charge,
and the Add-on purchase one time payment.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The overpayment would remain as a credit in your account.  You could submit a ticket to a CSA to request a refund.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@user2020 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.