cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service temporarily cancelled

Asher2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So today was the day my plan was supposed to renew. I have autopay on, BUT at around 6am today I called *611 to check on my add on data usage. It said my service had been temporarily cancelled. I was wondering why this is? I have been testing and Texting, Data, and Calling is working fine but *611 still says my service had temporarily cancelled. I have no idea why my service is still working but they say its cancelled. 

13 REPLIES 13

@Asher2 

Ive never called 611 during renewal to know if thats normal or not but i suspect that similar to your account saying  "suspended" and "expired"  that message simply denotes your account is going thru renewal. The general rule of thumb around here is to ignore what youre account says if you still have service oth

Edit: @Jb456  I was re-reading this thread to see what the solution was since i had replied. I read your post thinking what did he copy me? Where's my post?........in my drafts because I fell asleep before finishing (as you can see above.) But thinking the same thoughts......lol!

Asher2

@Jb456 @HALIMACS Thanks for the help guys. I did wait and see if the system was still processing anything and at exactly 12pm today, I got a text saying “thank you for your payment. your plan has been succesfully renewed! Lets keep the conversation going” 

9EC1555A-8C51-4EB7-AEE5-71F3B41B5128.jpeg

I guess it was a system glitch after all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barrosd wrote:

So the account that is currently not working does not appear in my main account. The payment deadline was today. I have not been further contacted by PM for anything other than one remainder that today was the payment deadline.

There's no such thing as a "main account". One account, one SIM, one number, one email address.

@barrosd 

Thanks for letting us know you're the same person. Couldn't have figured that out on a public forum with anyone writing under different usernames....

To clarify a few things. You wrote "Account does not appear on main account"..

You can't have two accounts on one account. Each account has its own sim card and its own email that was used to create the account.

If you have two accounts it means you have used two emails.

Public Mobile does send a notification a few days before payment is due from 611 reminding you that your payment is coming up.

Screenshot_20201231_114507.jpg

So can you try figuring out your login for the account that is not working. Log in and let us know what you see. If payment due date was today and your account is not working than that likely means the system did not get your money for the payment.

Let us know.

barrosd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We're from the same household.

@barrosd  you have an issue to?

Or are you @lbarros ???

barrosd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So the account that is currently not working does not appear in my main account. The payment deadline was today. I have not been further contacted by PM for anything other than one remainder that today was the payment deadline.

@lbarros 

What is the problem you're having? Further details will help us assisting you.so you have two phones, 2 accounts one is working one is not.

Are these accounts on payment due date?

When you log into the what is the status of them? Active, expired, suspended?

While in the account that is not working. Click "Change sim card". Green arrow on picture below.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

  

It will show you last 4 digits of the sim card. Now take the sim out of your phone. Do the numbers match?

If they don't you have been a victim of simjacking. You should immediately click "Plans & add-ons" and then Lost /Stolen. Mark it as stolen to block whoever simjacked you. 

Then immediately start changing all passwords that are attached to the phone, your PM password and email, social media etc. Also financial institutions and be sure to check for any fraud.

Then contact moderators to investigate the situation and fix your account via link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If your phone is still working, all is good. PM has some glitches.

lbarros
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem. and i try to access my account t to see it and i can not see  anything wrong. i have 2 phones and 2 different plans . one is working and the other is not

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Asher2 

If your plan amount was deducted from your payment card, and you still have service, what you experienced is the typical renewal glitch wherein the system seems to need to think the account has expired in order for it to draw upon funds from either the payment card or the available balance to renew the plan.

It can be very disconcerting, however if you still have full service, everything worked the way it was supposed to.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Asher2  I've never actually tried 611 during renewal process (interesting if it happens this way). However members are informed to ignore their account at renewal time as it could be misleading. They're told if service is working just ignore the account till the system updates.

At renewal the account goes.

• Active to expired
  • Expired to Suspended with this note
  • Screenshot_20200205_002706.jpg

  

• Suspended back to activate  (in afternoon of renewal date) when system collects the money and updates everything.

Now as for what you have just explained. Maybe (not sure as first time hearing this) that the system was still in the process of updating / processing things in the background to renew your plan. It might work like the self serve account where it's mentioned to not log into (so you don't see all the changes) or if you do log in just ignore all the changes (expired, suspended) etc if your service is working.

Maybe it was something like that with 611 since all your other services were working.

Just a thought.....

stevenanto

I have just tried it and it seems to be working for me, right away I was told when my next autopay will be deducted. 

Are you on autopay?

Need Help? Let's chat.