cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service quality?

jonathanthi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all,

I’m worried I’m going to have weak service / signal with PM — I’m at home at only getting 2 bars. 

Calls incoming are quiet in ear as well. 

8 REPLIES 8

@jonathanthi wrote:

It’s an iPhone 11. I will try to see if the bars throttle higher on a call though. Thank you! 

The signal strength doesn't really matter unless you notice it actually affecting the call quality (ie dropouts or garbled words) or your calls drop. The echo test service listed above is good to use to test call quality, as well as these additional phone numbers:

• +1 416 342 9562 (Toronto, ON)
  • +1 250 412 5922 (Victoria, BC)

You indicated your incoming calls are quiet -- this is more likely an issue with the speaker in the earpiece of your phone, than the signal strength. Check that there isn't gunk plugging the little holes in the earpiece that might be blocking the sound.Compare test calls using speakerphone mode, as well as plugging in external earphones, or using a Bluetooth headset.

jonathanthi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It’s an iPhone 11. I will try to see if the bars throttle higher on a call though. Thank you! 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

My older phone sits idle with 4 of 5 bars. My "problem" phone 2 of 4 bars. A slightly newer phone 4 of 5 bars. The "problem" phone jumps up to solid bars for a call. All Samsungs.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jonathanthi the bar you see is likely for 4G signal.  PM uses 3G for voice, so you have to check the status bar when you are on a call to see the 3G signal sttrength as advised by @dust2dust 

And what kind of phone you have?  Brand and model?

BCW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I only have 1 bar at home.

works great, never had any problems.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

We run 3 PM accounts in the house on 1 bar. No issues.  Perhaps you have a settings or phone issue. 

Note: My Community Account is not regularly monitored. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Volume button? 🙂

2 bars is likely your idle LTE reception. When a call happens then do you get more bars?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jonathanthi try calling Test Call number.  226-244-4444.  You record  a message and will hear back after.  You can then know how good or bad it is

Need Help? Let's chat.