cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service plan change without authorization

smartin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

on logging into my Public Mobile account I noticed that my service plan was changed to the higher one. I did not request that change. Can you plain how it happed? Who can I contact to report and dispute it?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

13 REPLIES 13

@BKNS27 wrote:

PM is kind of forcing members on the $13 plan to upgrade to the $15 plan.

@BKNS27- Over my cold dead hands. 🙂 They forced us onto their new $13 plan. What you're saying is coercion.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@smartin 

By any chance you were on the old $10 plan? It has been increased to $13 plus taxes.

PM is kind of forcing members on the $13 plan to upgrade to the $15 plan.

smartin

yes, I did receive 2 GB bonus offer, though I did not need it, but always thankful for free stuff. I also never received any emails about the service plan change confirmation.

@smartin @Just keep an eye on your envelope on top of page to the right for the response 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes, the text came from shortcode 5169. It either gave a yes button to tap or you reply with a yes.

You also likely got the freebies from 4911 where you had the option of replying or tapping yes2 (not just yes).

smartin

I did have a credit on my account, logged in to check what was left of it and found that unpleasant surprise. This line is used as a bakup line - I would never need $15 gb data or unlimited calling on it. I submitted the ticket. Hopefully the customer service can help me in this matter.

Thank you for all my replies

It was by text,  @smartin , not email. 

A simple reply of YES would have resulted in a change on next renewal.

@smartin @No it’s not have it investigated 

smartin

Thank you for your reply. Is it common for the unauthorized plan changes like this?

@smartin 

You should reach out to a Customer Support Agent and have them fix things for you.

Use the Chatbot Simon to get a service ticket started first.

The link is at the bottom of this page.

@smartin @Then reach out to support and explain the situation if your owed a credit 

Getting help from agent

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get                       

Or get help right here in the community

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

smartin

No chance, the number is controlled by me, also I never received any email confirmation about the service plan change.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@smartin  Any chance your or someone in your household could have replied yes to one of there  promo text by accident 

Need Help? Let's chat.