cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deactivate an account which is charging my Credit Card?

parpathirana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have helped my MIL when she was visiting us to get a public mobile connection. Now she is not in Canada anymore and she does not communicate with me. Since I have used my credit card in her account, it is still charging my credit card. Please help me to deactivate or remove my credit card details from her account.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Change credit cards on your account and then cancel the payments on the other card 

cgzhao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Use another credit card for your own account,and cancel the one for other account.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@parpathirana 

Is her account on AutoPay? If not then it will be suspended for nonpayment and after 90 days. The account will be closed, SIM rendered useless and number lost.

If you can’t access her account and don’t have credentials to her account then all you can do is have your CC replaced.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you remember her phone number she used then dial 1-855-4pu-blic and enter her number and that will give you the next renewal date. The evening before that date, log in to your credit card and pause it or lock it or whatever they want to call it. Then the next morning, unpause it. That would cause the account to suspend for lack of payment. Then 90 days later it will disappear.

Hopefully you don't have other transactions that night. 🙂

parpathirana

It was chatbot SIMon who sent me here. Let me try again

@parpathirana 

Contact a Customer Support Agent, to remove the CC information from the account.

Use the Chatbot Simon to get a service ticket started.

Or send a private message to CS_Agent

parpathirana

@softech thanks for the suggestion, but I have my own public connection. When I go to my CC transactions, I cannot distinguish it from my MIL's one. I don't want my connection to get disconnected.

@parpathirana @get help from support 

Getting help from agent

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get                       

Or get help right here in the community

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

@parpathirana best way in this case is to call your credit card for a charge back on the last PM transaction.  Account will then be suspended immediately

parpathirana

I cannot login because of the 2FA. I cannot get the one time code as I don't have access to her email box and the sim is with her in another country that Public does not have coverage.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@parpathirana @If you can login to the pm account and go to payment tab and Disable auto pay 

And maybe go in incognito mode if having trouble logging in 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@parpathirana  

if you can login to the self serve My Account of that account, then login to My Account and go to Payment page -> Manage Payment Method, and then disable Pre-Authorized payment.  PM will not be able to renew your account on your next renewal , your account will then be suspended on that day and 90 more days, it will be closed

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card-summaryhttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card-summary

or if you cannot login the account and you don't need it anymore, just have your credit card to chargeback the last PM transaction and account will then be suspended immediately

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@parpathirana 

You'll have to login to the account and disable the auto pay.

If you can't login, then you'll have to get help from a Customer Support Agent.

Use the Chatbot Simon to get a service ticket started.

The link is at the bottom of this page.

Need Help? Let's chat.