cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending a text

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is very strange.  Sometimes when I send a text is shows not delivered.  When I click on the text it gives me and option to send as an sms after I click it the text is sent.  Why does it do that ?

10 REPLIES 10

@Smalaki52 wrote:

Try to keep your data plan on. 

Mostley because your data plan is off and your phone tries to send SMS messages true the WiFi connections which not talking properly with public Mobile MMS setting. 

When you are in your WiFi area you are auto connect to your WiFi router if you choose to connect auto, 

To check if its auto connect just hold your finger on the name of connected WiFi and check information. 

SMS and MMS don't use WiFi. SMS doesn't use data either.

Smalaki52
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try to keep your data plan on. 

Mostley because your data plan is off and your phone tries to send SMS messages true the WiFi connections which not talking properly with public Mobile MMS setting. 

When you are in your WiFi area you are auto connect to your WiFi router if you choose to connect auto, 

To check if its auto connect just hold your finger on the name of connected WiFi and check information. 

Oracle365
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This has happened to me before, too. It only happened once per contact, though and not with every contact. When I pressed "send as SMS", it didn't happen again after that. I figured out that it was only happening with people who had a certain type of Android phone. So it was as though before I switched to Public Mobile, we were communicating through a different avenue of some kind. Easy fix though, just hit "send as SMS" and it shouldn't keep happening with the same contact. 

@Dolphin1 , Android also has similar setting.  My Message-> Chat option  also has choice about "Select default messaging type" (Automatic , Text/multimedia msgs, Chat messages).  If you still have issue , check to see if you have those option set properly.

Dolphin1

@computergeek541 thank you I will have to check that out in the morning 

Dolphin1

@hTideGnow @I’m using an android phone.  No iMessage.

@Dolphin1 wrote:

@computergeek541 how do I go about doing that ?

If you turn off Wi-Fi, is there an LTE designation in your signal meter? 

Phones have a setting in the main menu to change the preferred network type. At least on my phone, it's under Connections and then Mobile Networks.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

It's because iMessage fail to send.  You need to toggle on "Send as SMS" within the Messages option.

Dolphin1

@computergeek541 how do I go about doing that ?

@Dolphin1 wrote:

This is very strange.  Sometimes when I send a text is shows not delivered.  When I click on the text it gives me and option to send as an sms after I click it the text is sent.  Why does it do that ?

This can happen on occasion. Simply resend it.  Also, I find that text messages generally send more quickly when using the LTE network, so I would try using that network if you're currently using the HSPA network instead.

Need Help? Let's chat.