cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security issue?

Feedo90
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone,

Two weeks ago, I downloaded the public mobile app from the Play store. Recently I noticed that everytime I open a website on Chrome browser I see the symbol of Public mobile instead of the original site that I opened and that happens to all sites I open. I tried to delete the app as I no longer trust it and it might be a security issue then I restarted my mobile but I still get the same issue !! Is this a virus?! It only happened after I downloaded the public mobile app! Anyone else have the issue. I attached a pic for that.

Screenshot_20240623-114546_Chrome~2.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Feedo90 

There is nothing wrong with the Public Mobile app. It is not a security issue if you have concerns about it. This app is created by Telus. This is nothing more than a bookmark on your Google Chrome app or you have Public Mobile open in a tab and haven't closed it. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Feedo90 nothing to do with PM, it was a tab opened on the background. Click on it to restore it and then close the tab

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Feedo90 

I could be wrong, but I believe that’s some kind of a saved bookmark or a tag which you may be able to click and delete?

Need Help? Let's chat.