cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary # dormant - has it been reassigned

Carla2223
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Everything has changed since I was last here, so I am not sure how to get a support ticket. I have a primary, personal Public Mobile # and SIM and had a secondary one that I had printed on stationery and social media.  I did not use it immediately, then didnt need it, but would like to revisit using it.  When I dial, it is not in service. I also have a Public Mobile SIM Card from that time ( not set up). How can I re-activate the # ? 

9 REPLIES 9

Carla2223

Thank you! I appreciate your help. 😊

@Carla2223 

start the Activation process, take a temporary number for now, then do an inquiry to see if your old number can be retrieved.

@Carla2223 wrote:

How do I activate a new account?

@Carla2223 to activate a new account, you can do it via the web or the app.   

If you activate via the web, it will ask you to download the app the complete the activation after the payment step.  So, it is BEST to download the app and activate via the app 

@Carla2223  Again, that is no guarantee.  Providers no longer like to assign number as people requests.  Please message support and show them you owned the number before and hope they are willing to help

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Carla2223

How do I activate a new account?

Carla2223

It was before Covid, so will be closed. I have a new Sim Card.  How can I get that # assigned  to me ? 

Thanks

@Carla2223   did you call 1.855.4PUBLIC as advised above to confirm if your account is already closed?

If so, you have to get a new sim card to activate new account.  You cannot reuse the old sim card as sim card is only good for one activation.  Once account is closed permanently, the sim card is no longer useful

Can you get the number back?  Maybe, depends if support willing to help and if you got the number from PM originally.  You can message support and see if they can arrange.  Again, it is up to their decision.  Please message them:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Carla2223

I'm sure my secondary # hasn't been reassigned. When I dial it, it says the number is not in service. I would like to reactivate it using the SIM card I have. How do I link the old # to SIM card and activate it? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Carla2223   account suspended for over 90 days due to non payment will be permanently closed

on another phone ,call 1.855.4PUBLIC , enter 1 for English and enter your number.  If the system cannot locate your account, then your account have already been closed.   If so, you will have to buy a NEW sim card and activate a new account, likely you have to pick a new number

If the system can locate your account, then you just need to login to My Account and make a payment to resume service.  do you remember your login email address and password?

Need Help? Let's chat.