Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling a Port, possible?

ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CS_Agent

Is it possible to schedule a port?

Here's my situation: I have a number I want to move over to PM, issue is the $25 referral promo ends on the same day as the said number's contract, on Aug 8th.

Can I have the number activated today or tomorrow but get in line to schedule the port to occur only on or after Aug 9th, or I can only PM the mods only on the day of?

6 REPLIES 6

ToniCipriani

If it's self-serve DIY-able that's perfect. Somehow I thought it was only during activation.

Thanks.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ToniCipriani

You can port a number using self-serve.

Plan and Add-Ons --> Change Phone Number --> Transfer a wireless or wireline number

Please note that you can only port an active number. Always allow extra time to port anumber just in case there is problem.  If your number is from a prepaid plan, you don't want to port on the last day of your prepaid plan.  If your port encounter problem, you may need to pay extra month in order to keep your current number active.

Sending private message to moderator team for help may take upto 48 hours.

ToniCipriani

Hmm... I lost self-serve access old account so I can't remember if it can be done through there, I was under the impression I needed to PM if it wasn't done during activation.

@ToniCipriani wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@ToniCipriani, here is your solution.  Activate prior to the promo ending and get a temporary number.  That will qualify you for the rewards.  Then at your convenience do the number port.  This two step process will not intefere with/affect any of the available rewards.  In fact doing it this was is the safest as including a number port has left a lot of customers stranded with a non functioning account when the number port spuriously fails.  With a temporary number, the account is totally functional right away. 

Right that's what I'm going to do, to get a temp number first, but my question is if I can only PM a mod only on the day I want to do the port, or I can ask beforehand and have it occur in a future date.

Considering I'm former PM and went through the headache of the ports, I wanted to get the ball rolling earlier so I don't have to further delay, I know it gets busy during promo season.

@ToniCipriani, porting is a customer self serve function.  The moderator team get involved only after a failed port.  I have done more than a dozen ports for friends and myself combined without ever a failure. 

ToniCipriani

@will13am wrote:

@ToniCipriani, here is your solution.  Activate prior to the promo ending and get a temporary number.  That will qualify you for the rewards.  Then at your convenience do the number port.  This two step process will not intefere with/affect any of the available rewards.  In fact doing it this was is the safest as including a number port has left a lot of customers stranded with a non functioning account when the number port spuriously fails.  With a temporary number, the account is totally functional right away. 

Right that's what I'm going to do, to get a temp number first, but my question is if I can only PM a mod only on the day I want to do the port, or I can ask beforehand and have it occur in a future date.

Considering I'm former PM and went through the headache of the ports, I wanted to get the ball rolling earlier so I don't have to further delay, I know it gets busy during promo season.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Need Help? Let's chat.