cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Phone Calls and Text Messages

B20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had one phone number and started to receive scam phone calls and text messages on it, so I changed the number.  The new number was no better.  I still received scam phone calls and text messages.  I changed that number, too.  For a few days with the most recent number, I didn't get any such calls or texts and then the scam phone calls and text messages started again.  The scam calls are in Chinese and I don't even have text messaging in my phone plan.  Public Mobile just sends a message that I was sent a text message.  What can I do to be rid of these scam calls and text messages?

31 REPLIES 31

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Scam calls are common these days..not really a PM issue.  They targeted any phone number. 

When try to change number, pick one that is in the new area code.  Numbers from new area code has less chance being a recycle number,  at least likely less owners from before.

Also start to NOT pick up those calls.  Don't pick up any calls you dun know or you not expecting. I think if you answer the calls, they know its a live number and they might come back

Need Help? Let's chat.