cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung SGH-i727r LTE

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have the Samsung SGH-i727r LTE setup. Can use Data, send and receive MMS text messages and outgoing calls. However when trying to call it goes directly to voicemail. It also seems like the voicemail of the previous carrier.

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Welcome to Public Mobile, @Jarvar!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jarvar

So this issue was resolved. A PM Moderator resubmitted the port request and after an hour or so I got a confirmation email. Now the phone can receive phone calls properly it seems.

Thank you everyone for your assistance and pointing me in the right direction.

@srlawren wrote:

@RobertQc I don't think @Jarvar was asking how to set up or check his or her voicemail.  check the original message again--it sounds to me like incoming calls are going to voicemail of his or her previous provider.  Different issue.

Agreed. I thought so too, but I didn't have any suggestion for his call issue, I did however make the voicemail number suggestion because the way he worded the issue(s). Glad its been solved.

srlawren

@Jarvar sounds like you're well on your way to resolution, glad I could be of assistance.  Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jarvar

@srlawren

@RobertQc

@srlawren Is correct. I contacted the @CS_Agent and they confirmed that there was a failed port in progress so the services are all mixed up. They asked me to contact Rogers and ask them for my PIN and IMEI and give it to them so they can resubmit the port request.

The port request was done on Monday.

Everything was a little more straight forward for my own account. It seems to take a bit more effort with this family members. It seems to be straightening out though and the moderators have been excellent in guiding me and getting everything sorted out on their end as well. I have had nothing but good experiences with them so far.

srlawren

@RobertQc I don't think @Jarvar was asking how to set up or check his or her voicemail.  check the original message again--it sounds to me like incoming calls are going to voicemail of his or her previous provider.  Different issue.

srlawren

@Jarvar how long ago did you port your number from your previous provider?  If it was more than a few hours ago*, you probably have a stuck or failed port.  If so, please follow the directions below to get assistance.

* porting from other mobile providers usually completes within about 3 hours; from home phone or VoIP providers can take around a week or so.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Press Phone.

Press the menu icon.

Press Voicemail settings.

Press Voicemail number.

Please enter this number in your Call Settings >> Voicemail >>Setup:  +16475804001

You can also when you get to your own voicemail press the * key, then enter your password to access your menu, which is how you would normally access your voicemail by calling from an outside / landline

Need Help? Let's chat.