cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S20 suddenly not receiving calls or texts

fournierd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an S20 that has suddenly stopped receiving calls or texts. It's been functional for several months. I can make calls and texts no problem though.

I swapped the SIM card in the phone and was able to receive calls and texts on the phone.

This leads me to believe there's something wrong with the SIM card? Or the PM account? I do have a spare SIM card that I could activate. Unsure if possible (or how) to port my existing number to that SIM, however.

edited by computergeek541: removed the "Community" as this topic is unrelated to Community website issues

5 REPLIES 5

@fournierd 

there actually a reason to test on another phone.  By putting your sim in another phone, it will force a sim provisioning to your account and it save the trip asking CS agent to do the same thing on the system

anyway, important thing is.. the phone is working now!!  🙂

fournierd

@softechAll seems to be ok now with the S20!

The SIM card in another phone worked. Once we brought it back into the S20, it too, started to work again. Strange!

@fournierd 

for 2FA, On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Didn't get the code? or  Resend code and then choose Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

If you still cannot login, try calling 1.855.4PUBLIC from another phone, enter 1 for English and then enter your phone number.   If the system can locate your account and your account is active, then for the account side, it is good.  

fournierd

@softechI'll try swapping the SIM card into another phone per your suggestion. Also, I can't get access to the account (associated to the S20) due to not being able to get the text for 2FA.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fournierd 

i understand you tested another sim on your S20.  On the other hand, try your PM sim card in another phone and test incoming calls

And you ported in your number when you activated? how long was it?  Login My Account, go to Profile page and confirm if it shows you the proper phone number, I wonder if the port was completed if you have activated PM for only couple months

Need Help? Let's chat.