cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy s9 best phone for public mobile

zazbot420
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The Samsung Galaxy s9  I have has had no issues with  public mobile services the data is literally as fast as my home internet server is 120mbs and there's no call drops there is a good idea to use I was told by a friend to try it so I did and I know the cost is higher than normal but it is still worth it 

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zazbot420 glad that you're enjoying your S9!

The S9 is an excellent phone for many users, especially if you're already into the Samsung ecosystem.  Personally I don't like their take on Android and it's the main thing keeping me away, despite excellent hardware.  [And to any that have or will suggest it: I'm not interested in custom ROM.].

The S9 is a great device though and of course is an easy recommendation for most users.  The only downside using one with Public Mobile is cost.  The S and Note series devices are often discounted by carriers when sold on tab, but as PM doesn't do this the assumption is you're buying the device outright.  Although there are exceptions, a large portion of PM's customers tend to be price-sensitivie, which is what has lead many to this service.  Some like yourself are happy to pay the "Samsung tax" and enjoy the premium device, but many here will prefer more economical units.

There are many excellent phones that work wonderfully with Public Mobile in a wide range of prices from a few hundred all the way up to Samusng/Apple/LG/Google flagship levels of $1,000-2,000.  [e.g. cheapest 2018 iPhone you can buy outright is the $1,029 XR base model, while the most expensive is the $1,999 512GB iPhone XS Max; Samsung S9 I believe is just over a grand outright to start, while the Note can run closer to $1,500 Canadian IIRC. Etc.]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@zazbot420 is the PM networks not Samsung S9 Cat Happy yeah S9 is the flagship phone

ashleyb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I disagree. I am a S9 user and don't find any difference between my cell phone and my family members iphone's. I'm glad your enjoying your S9 and PM experience though 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@zazbot420, glad to see you are enjoying the service and your phone.  I would have to respectfully disagree that the s9 is the best phone for use on this service.  I have quite a number of lines here and none have ever used a s9.  The service works fine without using a Samsung phone.  I haven't touched a Samsung product since the note 2.  Lineage OS rocks!  It has kept a lot of old hardware looking fresh. 

zazbot420

No I have found that the rom has more drops in calling and the internet has lag best results are stock

Does all function work with the customized rom?  

Many roms arent working properly these days.

zazbot420

If you do that the survive will crash  I have tried it 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@zazbot420The S9 has excellent hardware. But it would be a lot better if you got rid of the samsung garbage on it, and installed a custom ROM like LineageOS

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/starlte

Need Help? Let's chat.