cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS good... MMS no good

Gimli
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I can send plain text msgs , however if I try and attach a photo or camera shot...it fails with a nice red msg in messenger (Android) saying "message not sent : service not activated on network"

Pm MMS network dead?

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jcs wrote:

My picture messaging exprience has been the same, so some magic for me too please?  I also wonder what happens when I receive a call from the States, but only have unlimited calling with in Canada.....are incoming calls from the States covered in my $45 pay as I go plan?

@jcs incoming calls can be from literally anywhere in the world, and you can receive them free of charge anywhere in Canada with your plan.  No need to worry there.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jcs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My picture messaging exprience has been the same, so some magic for me too please?  I also wonder what happens when I receive a call from the States, but only have unlimited calling with in Canada.....are incoming calls from the States covered in my $45 pay as I go plan?

Gimli

And like magic... the problem is resolved...

I didnt change a thing.

Must have been on the PM/Telus backend..,...

@Gimli wrote:

@vogelhut wrote:

@MacMe wrote:

MMS requires data. Have you updated your APN settings?

If you have already set it up, maybe just verify the settings again.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p...

And make sure you enable your data before sending the message, of course. 

Data is on and working.  Getting email and other data dependant services without issue.

if APN setting have changed... i would be pretty pissed that there was no notification.

Parts of the APN affect data and parts of it affect mms.  Having one working may not ensure the other.  It is best to check the entire set of entries.  This knowledge base article covers everything you need for setting up the APN.  Please check to ensure all fields are correct on your phone. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p...

@Acekiller wrote:

may need factory reset if you got the APN set up properly and still doesn't work...

-----------------------------

Make sure your APN settings are as follows:

Set up your APN

Name: PM

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: Leave blank

Port: Leave blank

Username: Leave blank

Password: Leave blank

Server: Leave blank

MMSC:

MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Authentication type: Leave blank

APN type: Leave blank

This isn't right.  Why is the mmsc blank?  Note to all, where possible refer back to a knowledge base article as part of the response.  This approach will help to foster greater use of the knowledge base and also facilitate the provision of uniform responses.  I totally understand that it is sometimes hard to do consistently, I don't do it all the time myself.  The more we can do this, the more helpful we can be. 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

may need factory reset if you got the APN set up properly and still doesn't work...

-----------------------------

Make sure your APN settings are as follows:

Set up your APN

Name: PM

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: Leave blank

Port: Leave blank

Username: Leave blank

Password: Leave blank

Server: Leave blank

MMSC:

MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Authentication type: Leave blank

APN type: Leave blank

Gimli

@vogelhut wrote:

@MacMe wrote:

Data is on and working.  Getting email and other data dependant services without issue.

if APN setting have changed... i would be pretty pissed that there was no notification.

vogelhut
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@MacMe wrote:

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Gimli

Seems to have started this morning early afternoon -ish

Need Help? Let's chat.