cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Troubles

H_Rogers99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

About two hours ago I joined public mobile and joined a plan. My texts are sending to everyone and phone calls are going through, but three people who are with Chatr aren’t receiving my texts and can’t send a text to me on their phones. Anyone know why this may be? 

6 REPLIES 6

yftchen_gmail
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@H_Rogers99 wrote:

Now my other issue is that I’m transferring from Rogers but my account was suspended because I’ve been having difficulty paying my high phone bill (hence the switch). Since my account is suspended on Rogers, will that affect the portering process?

Of course it does. When an account is frozen, you cannot make changes such as porting a number out any more. In fact, this is a common method phone company uses to encourage people pay off their bad debt. By the way, Rogers reports payment history to credit bureaus Equifax and TransUnion. I see those records updated monthly so if you are late / refuse to pay, your credit will be ruined by that. Your chance to get a credit card, mortgage, or home rental may be significantly reduced. So I would not just try to run away from an unpaid cell phone account. 

@H_Rogers99 

Sorry, only active account can be port.  You have to sort this out with Rogers first.  You can all them and see if they agree to approve the porting verbally without the text authentication.  Or ask them if you can switch to the cheapest plan so you can complete the port.  Please discuss with Rogers first.  After you are sorted out the issue with them, you can then call PM back and ask them to re-trigger the porting process

I will message you the number to porting support team.  Check your Community inbox.  Call them when you are ready

H_Rogers99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Now my other issue is that I’m transferring from Rogers but my account was suspended because I’ve been having difficulty paying my high phone bill (hence the switch). Since my account is suspended on Rogers, will that affect the portering process?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @H_Rogers99   put your sim card from your old provider back to a phone, you should see a text from your old provider, reply YES to complete the porting

or you can call PM porting team and they can restart the porting process..  I will message you the phone number.  Check Community inbox

yftchen_gmail
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This means your number porting has not been fully completed. The first step in porting a number is you will get your PM outgoing calls and texts to show the updated Caller ID. However, the incoming calls are still routed to the old carrier (eg, Rogers / Chatr). After a few hours, the translation table / routing database is updated, then the phone carriers will send the calls to the new destination. Sometimes, the old losing carrier forgets to delete / remove your number from their translation table. So any calls made on their network (ie, your old network like Chatr) will not be sent to the right destination. If that happens, you will have most calls reach you properly at PM but some (eg, from old carrier) get routed internally and sent to old place "customer unavailable try later" destination.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you transfer a number in? Did you change phone operating systems? ie. from ios to android?

Inbound phone calls? How about data?

Need Help? Let's chat.