cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS/MMS not sending after porting number over

BillyPoon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported over my fizz mobile line over to Public Mobile last night (more than 12 hours ago). I can now make/receive calls and use data, but I cannot seem to send or receive SMS or MMS. I know the transfer was successful because my previous provider (fizz) has let me know my account is terminated and Public as texted me to say the transfer was successful and I can use data and make/receive calls from my ported over number.

I also do not see any network signal strength (bars) at the top of my screen. I have an iPhone 13 running iOS 17.6.1. 

IMG_2848.jpeg

troubleshooting steps taken:

1) restarted phone

2) reset network settings

3) looked through cellular settings, nothing seems abnormal.

4) looked through messages settings, nothing seemed abnormal 

5) I have submitted a ticket to costumer support, not sure when they will get back to me. 

Thanks for your help!

5 REPLIES 5

@BillyPoon   Have you tried this suggestion from Apple?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252105257 

BillyPoon

@softech 

I do not see any prompts on screen to update carrier settings, I can only assume this means I do not need to update any carrier settings. I do see Public Mobile listed as the Network along with the Carrier, IMEI2, ICCID  and MEID. But none of those are editable. 

When I'm in the iMessage settings, I cannot remove anything nor add any number. 

I've already submitted a ticket. This is such a frustrating experience. Based on this, I would not recommend friends and family to port over a number to Public Mobile. 

@BillyPoon wrote:

But I am not sure how to ensure the Carrier Profile is up to date. Can you clarify how to do so?

for Carrier profile:

Settings > General > About.,   Follow the onscreen instructions to install your carrier update.

Before I ported my number over, I was able to associate my phone number AND Apple ID to iMessage, that is no longer the case for some reason.

Go to iMessage Settings, remove the phone number , reboot and put the correct number back

if none of those helps, you will need to engage support.  Please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

BillyPoon

@softech 

Yes, I am using an iPhone 13.  Yes, imessage works over wifi and data (5G). I have also verified that my iPhone no longer lists my phone number when looking at "Send & Receive from". Before I ported my number over, I was able to associate my phone number AND Apple ID to iMessage, that is no longer the case for some reason.

I have updated iOS to the newest avalible version (17.6.1). But I am not sure how to ensure the Carrier Profile is up to date. Can you clarify how to do so?

I have tried Reset Network Settings multiple times as well as restarting the phone multiple times over the last 12 hours. This has not resolved the issue. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BillyPoon 

you have an iPhone? does iMessage work?

make sure your iOS is updated.  Also, check Carrier Profile and make sure it is up-to-date

and try Reset Network Settings on the phone as well

Check iMessage settings and make sure the number is correct.  If not, remove it, reboot and the go back and manually enter the phone number again 

Need Help? Let's chat.