cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM stop working but other SIM working on Phone

unknownCoder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I have been with public mobile for about a year now today my SIM suddently stopped working. It says I can only make emergency calls.

I have tried another SIM in my phone and it works fine. I even restored my phone without any luck. 

Has anyone been having the same issue?

7 REPLIES 7

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@unknownCoder, SIM cards are very reliable.  It is a good idea that you have asked the moderator team to investigate the account first before looking into SIM card replacement. 

unknownCoder

Yes it looks like some kind of glitch. 

I sent a PM to the mods a few hours ago so waiting for a reply.

I'm not sure what the problem is.

You can try restarting the phone with the PM SIM card installed, if you haven't already, although it probably won't accomplish anything.

Phone works, payment apparently taken, I think some kind of glitch on the mods can fix on their end.

unknownCoder

I do not have another unlocked phone to test my SIM card in. But I can test another SIM card in my phone and it works. 

My credit card was charged recently for the auto renewal so payment appears to have gone through.

unknownCoder

Hi, 

My account status says active, on the main page.

I also do auto renewal so it automatically deducts the amount from my credit card. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Your phone works with another SIM card.  But does you PM SIM card work in another phone?

Login to your self-serve, check your balance and transaction history.  Has your service been suspended because insufficient funds (or failed AutoPay charge) to renew your plan?

(If so, don't panic.  Your account and phone number won't be lost unless it remains suspended for at least 90 days.)

Contact the mods if there appears to be a billing/technical issue with your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@unknownCoder, Haven't been having the same issue.  But, did you check your self serve account to make sure it shows your plan as active?  Were you do for a renewal yesterday/today?  Perhaps the payment wasn't processed properly.

If the account shows as active, and you have already ruled out the phone, then I would suggest that your next step would be to send a private message to the moderators team, explaining your situation.  Be sure to include your account number & PIN, to help speed things along.

Click here to send them a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.