cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM reported lost/stolen, lost referal bonus?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My daughters phone was stolen so she reported her sim as lost or stolen, I gave her a new sim and her sister gave her an old phone and we got her back in business on same account.

A few hours later I get a text message  "Public Mobile here. Just to let you know, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment due to one of your friend's account inactivity."

Her account isn't inactive as we just switched sims and she is using same account so why are they trying to remove the refer a friend???

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@206 

Mind you your daughter's rewards will not automatically apply upon renewal (the lost/stolen "glitch"). Contact customer support after her renewal and ask the CSA to manually apply them to the account balance. Your referal reward for your daughter will be unaffected unless your renewal happen to occur while her account was suspended then unfortunately the CSA's will not apply your $1 reward.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@206 

You should get the refer a friend reward back one she remove the Stolen/Lost Phone status and Change SIM Card on her account.

If you don’t see the Rewards, contact a CS_Agent to add the reward back into your account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@206 

That message is normal. Whomever has referred a customer will recieve that message at midnight eastern the day the account has been suspended via lost/stolen.

Screenshot_20220603-201852~2.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@206   Lost/Stolen shouldn't affect.  She should be back on your list.

Assuming you are on the old rewards system,  check back tomorrow to My Rewards site and see if her phone number is on your friend list

Need Help? Let's chat.