cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not supported

User191
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I had just activated my SIM card and have just installed it in my phone. But when I had installed the SIM, it says that "SIM not supported" and that it is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy. Also stating that, I would need to get my phone to be unlocked by my carrier. My current phone brand is apple, and the model is 6s. I would like to know how I would have solve this problem, and where do I need to go to get it unlocked. 

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@User191 

Check your iPhone setting by going to: Settings>General>About>scroll down to Carrier Lock>it may have the carrier name.

If it shows No SIM Restrictions then it is unlocked.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Most likely your phone is locked to previous provider. They should do that by law. But you might find resistance (particularly from Rogers) if you closed account longer than 1 year. But be persistent and threaten if needed to report them to CRTC CCTS.

@JL9 wrote:

The previous provider has to give you the code to unlock it, can't hold that over you.

There's no such thing as an unlock code for an iPhone 6s.  Locked/unlocked status is as per an Apple list.

devrajking1314
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can try to get you one

@devrajking1314 wrote:

Ask your previous provider to give you unlock code. Its free and also if you can tell which provider it was I can get you one

HI @devrajking1314   you have access to unlock codes ?

devrajking1314
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ask your previous provider to give you unlock code. Its free and also if you can tell which provider it was I can get you one

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The previous provider has to give you the code to unlock it, can't hold that over you.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@User191  - Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

Or, if you purchased this from someone, can you ask them to have the provider it was last with to unlock the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.