cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM is not working

arm-zak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have activated my account yesterday, registered SIM and selected port number option from my Telus phone.PM SIM is not working, tested it in the phone that already works on PM network. Fortunately number porting did not work too and I still have my Telust phone working. Please help to resolve issue.

19 REPLIES 19

Tone89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had this problem but it was resolved by restarting my phone 

markmyles

Good stuff getting a moderator involved.

Also don't forget to double check that your phone is compatible.

You can check it here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

@arm-zak wrote:

I have submitted a ticket to moderator already.

@arm-zak 

Good, you will need moderator help to fix your problem.  You should get a response today, or latest tomorrow.  

arm-zak

I have submitted a ticket to moderator already.

@DOA wrote:

Does anyone know if porting actually gets done on weekends?

@DOA 

Yes, porting is done on weekends

@arm-zak 

@arm-zak wrote:

I have started conversation with SIMon and added moderators tag to message tags when started this thread.

Did you actually submit a service ticket to moderator?

If not, 

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does anyone know if porting actually gets done on weekends?

arm-zak

I have started conversation with SIMon and added moderators tag to message tags when started this thread.

arm-zak

SIM can not connect to PM network so no calls or msgs in or out.

@arm-zak 

What happens when you put the SIM card in your phone?  If the port is stuck, you should be able to still call out and text out with PM Sim card.  Just not able to receive calls or texts.

@arm-zak  Have you contacted a moderator

@arm-zak wrote:

I can log in to my account and it shows status as active.

arm-zak

I can log in to my account and it shows status as active.

@arm-zak wrote:

Thanks. Already done that.

@gblackma @Dunkman 

It's not clear to me from the above statement whether OPs account shows active or not.

The Telus porting team can't help with set-up or provisioning issues in your account. So, IMHO, until we have a confirmation that the OP has an active account and SIM calling that number is premature.

arm-zak

Porting should take 30 min - 3 hours max. I have switched the number much later.

So try contacting the moderators. Have you tried turning the phone on and off?

@arm-zak wrote:

I have switched PM to new number instead of port to see if it will work. It assigned a 437...

number still does not work so number porting right now is a secondary issue.

@arm-zak wrote:

I have switched PM to new number instead of port to see if it will work. It assigned a 437...

@arm-zak  Not a good idea to switch numbers while a port was in progress. At this point in order to avoid making things worse you should submit a ticket to PM ASAP and ask for help.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

arm-zak

arm-zak

Thanks. Already done that.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@arm-zak can you log in to your self serve account and see if it says active?  Then click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chat bot about port failed and the moderators will get back to you hopefully tonight and fix your stuck port 

Need Help? Let's chat.