cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

Lise3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered a SIM card for my husband's new phone. It's been almost 2 weeks and I haven't received it yet. How long does it usually take to come in?

Should I get a new phone number before my SIM card comes in?

18 REPLIES 18

HI @Lise3   Thanks for the update. 

You should in fact update us in your original posts

If you do not mind, maybe go back to your couple posts you have earlier, pick the one you think helped you most and "Accept as Solution"  

@darlicious wrote:

@Yummy 

We looked at the recent posts on the OP's profile.

OH, MY. You guys are worse than home land security. Suddenly, pull all posts from facebook, twitter, tiktok, youtube, find where person lives, how much kids they have, what they eat for lunch today....

Just answer OP question, HA, HA, no thick plot is needed. 😋

How about: You got new SIM? Great. Open self-serving account, activate SIM, pay the bill, pick number, go for a walk; it is nice weather here in ON (for the time being).

@Yummy 

We looked at the recent posts on the OP's profile.

Hi @Yummy , 

@darlicious  and myself just guessing and hope we are correct  🙂

Where the 'husband' come into play here? I do not see not ONE word OP mentioned 'husband'. How do you know 'lise3' is married at all?

Hi @Lise3 

yes, not 100 % sure if your husband is  currently a PM customer,  if yes, follow my reply above.

If you are bringing your husband over here, then activate new account like what @darlicious  suggested. 

@Lise3 

Is this for your husband's new account? If so then my advice above still applies except once activated if you dont want an Alberta number then first consider topping up with an extra payment to save the provincial tax then go to the change number feature in your husband's new self serve account and choose a new number from your area to change to. You can refresh the options by switching areas and returning to your local area and so on....til you find a number that you like. You can change phone numbers up to 4 times in 30 days.

Hi @Lise3 is this SIM for your husband new phone?  if it is, login to My Account and request Change SIM card.  If old one still working on the old phone, use sms to receive the 2FA text.  If the old sim is lost, use email to receive the 2FA.

@Lise3 

Did you lose your number previously due to missing the 90 day window for reactivation? If you have already confirmed with customer support that they can retrieve your phone number and you just needed to get a sim card within the next 60 days then activate your sim card and take a temporary phone number.

If you choose an Alberta phone number you will only pay gst on your activation amount. Once activated contact customer support and ask for them to retrieve and assign your "lost" phone number to your account.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lise3 hi I'm not sure I understand are you trying to change sim card? if so you can do that in your self serve account 

Hi @Lise3 are you replacing your broken sim card?  If you are, login to My Account and request Change Sim Card

If you are new activation,  just activate at PM site.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

You will have a chance to pick new number or request porting old number 

Lise3

I finally got my SIM card...now who do I contact to get my cell phone number? 

Lise3

Thank you for the advice, I'll do that

Lise3

Thanks for your response. No he doesn't,...this would be a new account and number.

@Lise3   if you don't see the SIM card still next week, open ticket with PM Support, provide them the order number and ask them to track

Lise3

Thanks for the response. It's not an urgency and the card is already paid for, so I guess I'll just wait.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lise3  hi does he already have an account and a sim from an old phone? if so that can be broken down to fit his new phone if thats not the case it can take 2 to 3 weeks for sim to come 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lise3   Unfortunately, ordering sim from PM online could take as many as 3 weeks for them to ship to your house.

If you need a sim card for activation urgently, consider to go to a store and activate there, many will give out SIM card for free

Need Help? Let's chat.