cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

tpaddy01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a phone and my mom bought my SIM card for me, it was already activated because she did it for me. I dont know my 4 digit pin for it because it is now suspended after I've put $45 on top up cards.

10 REPLIES 10

carte sim et PM?

sa2021
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

carte sim et 

@HALIMACS 

Nope....but you edited a post tnat you initially tagged me in where as before you tagged me in an edit to a post that I wasn't tagged in.....oh well whatever I'll see if it happens again in the future.

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

If the OP has no service they will be unable to create their self serve account ( if that's the case) because they will be unable to recieve the 6 digit code that pm texts to them to get started.

Edit:

@HALIMACS  Thanks for clearing that up....did you recieve a notification of my edit mentioning you now? This seems to a new feature added to the forum? I don't recall getting notifications for edits before....I could be wrong though?

@darlicious 

Nope, didn't get edit notification.

Just initial tag notification.

(EDIT:   Let's try it with you.   Did you get THIS subsequent edit tag notification, @darlicious )

@tpaddy01 wrote:

I bought a phone and my mom bought my SIM card for me, it was already activated because she did it for me. I dont know my 4 digit pin for it because it is now suspended after I've put $45 on top up cards.

Is this also a new Public Mobile account?  If the service was just activated, there wouldn't be any reason for the service to be supsended, nor for you to make a top up?  By any chance, was your mom already an existing customer? If so, the person at the store openeed a new account. Store sales statff do not have way of attaching a new/repalcement SIM card to a customer's account.

@HALIMACS 

If the OP has no service they will be unable to create their self serve account ( if that's the case) because they will be unable to recieve the 6 digit code that pm texts to them to get started.

Edit:

@HALIMACS  Thanks for clearing that up....did you recieve a notification of my edit mentioning you now? This seems to a new feature added to the forum? I don't recall getting notifications for edits before....I could be wrong though?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@tpaddy01

Try logging into your self serve to check the account status.  Could it be possible that your mom set account to lost/stolen status which would cause you to lose service?

If you've never logged into self-serve, it may be possible the self-serve function was never created if the SIM card was activated in store. 

Click on the below link to set it up if that's the case:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/create-a-self-serve-account

(EDIT:   Like @esjliv also just provided moments before)

(2nd EDIT:   Which @darlicious correctly points out subsequently may be helpful in the OP's case.  😯 )

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tpaddy01 wrote:

@tpaddy01 ,

A PIN number should have been set up at the time of activation. Are you able to find out what it is with your mom? If not, Follow @JK8 methods to obtain or change the account PIN.

Is there a credit card registered to your account? You will get $2 off every renewal, if so!

If you did not register for a Self Serve account, you can do that here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Payments can be made through Self Serve or through calling 611.

@tpaddy01 

What do you need your pin# for? Are you trying to add vouchers to your account? Your pin# is only needed to add funds to your account if you wish to use your credit card thru 611. Vouchers do not need your pin #. After dialing 611 press (1) then (1) again and enter the 12 digit pin code from the voucher.

Check your text messages from 611 on your phone. Public mobile sends your 4 digit account pin # to you after activation.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@tpaddy01 

To get your pin contact  a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.