cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not working

BecksJen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone stopped working a week ago. The phone itself works, but I can’t send or receive texts or calls and can’t access data. Swapped the SIM card with my moms and hers worked fine in mine but mine didn’t work in hers, so I believe the SIM card is broken.

Got a new SIM card from public today, changed my SIM card number in my online account, put the new SIM card in, and now when I try to make a call I get a notification saying not registered with the network.

I followed all the instructions from Simon the chat bot to swap the SIM card, all he said to do was to change the SIM card number in my account. I also restarted it and toggled airplane mode on and off. I told the chat to that didn’t work, and it wanted me to submit a ticket but I couldn’t because I couldn’t remember my username for my community account. I had to use another email address to create this community account just so I could ask this question.

Any tips on how to get a new SIM card connected to the network? (Also how to find out what my old community account user name was?)

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

How long were you a customer with working services before it stopped working @BecksJen .

Sim card rarely go bad, so normally there are other avenues to explore prior to swapping the SIM card.

What is the status of your account say on My Account?

Or, when you dial 611 from your device, or # 1-855-478-2542 from another line?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@BecksJen 

so why you change the first SIM card who told is broken,

do you check your account is status Active.

contact to support team by private message CS_Agent

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@BecksJen 

Login to your account and see if it is Active and not Suspended?

Did you try rebooting your phone by holding down the power button and power off then power the phone back on.

If all fails, create a ticket through SIMon Chatbot or private message a CS_Agent. There might be a backend issue with the first SIM or have them check on your second SIM.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BecksJen   is the phone status itself shows it connects to the network?  any network bars?

you have another phone to test this new sim card?

Also, you went to My Account and click Change SIM card to request changing to the new sim number earlier? 

If you go back to My Account now, check the profile, does it show your new sim number in the sim details?

If it is , and your phone is not connecting to PM with the new sim, open ticket with PM Support:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.