cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card keeps failing

Ty_is_sik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Moved from Telus last week, both mine and my son, no issues with my phone. But his keeps getting a “SIM card failure” which makes him have no service , and he has to keep restarting his phone 

7 REPLIES 7

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@powerg21 wrote:

Please let us know if the problem was fixed and how it was fixed.  Thanks. 

Yes, please let us know. If you  swap SIM cards with your son and the result is the same, then the problem is with your son's phone and not the card.

powerg21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please let us know if the problem was fixed and how it was fixed.  Thanks. 

If you really think sim is failing, could try buying a new one at store or order another online.  Or ask moderator_team if they can send.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

You can do the trick lost/stolen...go in his self serve account and in PLAN/ADDS-ON and click on lost/stolen.After that close his phone. Open it and ckick on find your phone. And see if something went through.

JuniorJunior
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Ty_is_sik wrote:

Moved from Telus last week, both mine and my son, no issues with my phone. But his keeps getting a “SIM card failure” which makes him have no service , and he has to keep restarting his phone 

Maybe try to simply swap you SIM with his, & his to your phone, see if that shows the same problem?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Ty_is_sik  Can you try that sim card in any other phone, and any other working sim card in your son's phone? This will help to clear up if it's the sim orhardware issue. 

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You may have a damaged sim. You need to send private message to the mods.You can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here

Need Help? Let's chat.