cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card going to the wrong address

cherryapron
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have no idea if I'm posting this to the right place but I have an issue. I just placed an order for 2 SIM cards (hoping to squeak in on that promo) and when I got the confirmation I discovered they are set to be delivered to the wrong address.

How do I fix this? Would it just be quicker to place a new order and sort it out later?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

@LawrenceH wrote:

I have ordered a Sim card but forgot to provide the suite number on my order. Is there any way that i can provide the shipper with the correct suite number for delivery?

If it hasn't already shipped, do as mentioned earlier and contact the moderators.

If it has alraedy shipped, I suspect that you'll still receive it fine. If there is other mail being delivered that same day, the delivery person will see that that the name matches other mail going to that address and will deliver it accordingly.   If not, what is suppsoed to happen is that the piece of mail goes to an address correction department,and if they can't figure it out, it gets returned to the sender.

@LawrenceH wrote:

I have ordered a Sim card but forgot to provide the suite number on my order. Is there any way that i can provide the shipper with the correct suite number for delivery?

And here is a good message from @NDesai how to track your Sim..

• Go to Canada post tracking web page: https://www.canadapost.ca/trackweb/en#/home
  • Enter the order number as the tracking/reference number in the box
  • Order number is sent on your email when you place an order. Please wait until you get the shipping confirmation before tracking your package. 
  • Click on the Track button and it will ask you to enter your postal code associated with your order. You will be asked for your postal code only if dulicate reference numbers are found in their system. 

track.png

@LawrenceH wrote:

If it was today...you can reach the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and give them the details of your address for your sim...but the waiting time is few hours to 2 daysSmiley Frustrated but I think that it would be ok even if you didn't provide this information..

LawrenceH

cherryapron

Good point, two cards ordered... again.

I have mail forwarding from the other address so the first cards will get to me eventually, but obviously it will be too late by then! If I'd only known about this promo a couple weeks ago this would not have been a problem. 🙂 Thank you!

edit: @ShawnC13, it got sent to the wrong address because I ordered via Paypal and hadn't updated my address there--I moved very recently. I thought I had changed it on the order but it turned out to just be the billing address. I didn't read closely enough when clicking through the order. Entirely my fault.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I would order new ones if i didn't get the originals because they went to the wrong address (not sure how this is possible) the loss of the $10 is easily recovered by making sure you get in on this deal

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

pulp74
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi. Money wise it's not a big loss even if you are not going to recover those lost SIM cards. I think it's better to order new SIM cards today so it will arrive to your address in time and you are not going to miss the promotion deadline. That's the most important. Deal with wrong address cards later.

Need Help? Let's chat.