cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card blocked

carmelklg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have bought a SIM card last month and the seller did give me any information about the online registration. My plan expired on the 19th and yesterday I went to a shop to pay for a new plan since I was not able to register on the website to make the payment. I paid for my plan, we verified my balance that is remain of $30 but my network still not working. I tried to call *611 but it still saying that my service has been temporarily suspended. What can I do to release that and for my SIM card to be unlock please ? 

*I do not have access to my account and when I tried to register with my SIM card yesterday, it says that the SIM number is not recognized 

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@carmelklg 

There is something not right with this retailer. Did you buy a voucher and add it how? Thru your account? The only way to add a voucher without account access is via 611 on your phone or by calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your your 10 digit phone number.

When added this way it will always automatically reactivate your service unless it's suspended via lost/stolen or you have not added enough funds. How much us your plan? $15? $25? Any more than that and you would have to add more funds. How did the retailer add it? Was this the same retailer that activated your account?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I am not sure what you mean by sim card blocked. It just sounds like your account is suspended due to non-payment. Either way to clear up any confusion, connecting with a CSA in the methods above will prob be the quickest option to resolve this.

@carmelklg did you do a Retail instant top up?  If you did, there will be enough fund in your account for renewal.  Just open a ticket with PM Supoort and they can confirm and reactivate the an on behalf.  Even there is issue with the fund,  they will advise further 

please open ticket with PM Support:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

carmelklg

That is what I explained in my previous text. Yesterday I went to a shop, I bought a voucher and we log it. My SIM Card still locked

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@carmelklg 

Go to a local mobile shop or a place that sells mobile prepaid cards and buy a Public Mobile payment voucher. They can be bought at places like shoppers drug Mart, London drugs, Safeway, etc. etc.

Then dial *611 from your device to load that voucher on your account to reactivate service.

Once you have reactivated service, you can then set up your self-serve account.

carmelklg

The seller did not ask me for my email as I remember. When I tried to sign in, it said that my email is invalid and when I tried to sign up it said the same, invalid.

So I do not have access to it.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@carmelklg hi it seems to me that you need to set up your self serve account go to the top right hand corner and click on sign in  my account you can sign up there with the email you used when you signed up at the store once you are in your account you should see a reactivate button to restart your services you can also register there for autopay 😀

Need Help? Let's chat.