cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card

NikitaOgden
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I’m Nikita, I just joined Public Mobile this morning and activated my SIM card. My question is if my account is active and it’s working as well when I send a text message - does that mean the SIM card I had prior from another company isn’t working now?

15 REPLIES 15

@NikitaOgden   so, you are receiving incoming calls now?  If so, then porting is fully completed.  If you put your old sim card, it should shows it is not working anymore

@NikitaOgden  Excellent and I trust you used your fiancé referral code so that will save you $10 on next renewal should see it in your account with in 72 hours 

NikitaOgden

It does and I just got a text to restart my phone to finish the transfer request and I just did that and it’s all done now. 

@HALIMACS  I feel like I’m in the throws  of passion and this thread is a . Is like a video to a 80s love song 😉

Feelin the love , @Handy1 !!!

@NikitaOgden  And I believe you made a wise choice lots to love about public mobile and the community support you will find here 

Excellent – sounds like the port has successfully completed if all calling and texting works with your new PM SIM card both in and out.

NikitaOgden

Thank you 🙏 my old provider let’s put it this way they were becoming real jerks so I decided to look for a better company ( my fiancé is with PM so I trusted his advice lol ) 

@NikitaOgden  So long as when you make a call with PM SIM card and your old number shows up the port is complete and your old provider account is closed … welcome to public mobile 🙂

NikitaOgden

I put my new one in so I can text if it works and then I just put my old SIM card in my phone to confirm the number transfer - they sent a text message. But when I put the PM SIM card in my phone I get calls and can call out as well as texts I can send texts and I receive them as well. 

NikitaOgden

Just now yes I have confirmed it by texting YES back 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

There’s an easy way to test this @NikitaOgden 

Ask someone to send you a text message or call you.

Which SIM card does the text message / call get received from, the new one here or the old one with your other provider?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@NikitaOgden , I assumed that you intend to transfer the number from the previous carrier over the Public Mobile.  If so, the old SIM card stops working once you submit a number transfer request and the request is completed.  As part of the transfer process you do need to confirm using the old SIM card.  Has this been completed?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@NikitaOgden  Yes if your ported number to PM from old provider 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NikitaOgden   did you request porting in your phone number from your prior provider?

call yourself from other phone, if your PM phone rings, then yes, Porting is completed and your sim card from prior company should not be working and the account should have been closed

However, if PM phone does not right, put the old (prior company) sim card back to a phone, call yourself again and see if the old sim rings

if old sim rings, porting is not completed.  you likely missed the porting authentication text from your old company.  There is a PM porting team you can talk to and they can confirm the porting status.  I will private message you the number.  Check your Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.