cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Downgrade

ABDay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I bought a SIM card yesterday for my old iPhone 6. But the SIM card requires iOS 13.0 or greater. Where can I get a SIM card for iOS 12.5??

4 REPLIES 4

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ABDay 

Your SIM card should work on iPhone 6, but you may not be able to send or receive MMS messages as it requires a minimum iPhone 8, you will not be able o install PM app on iPhone 6 to activate the service, so, you need another phone who can install the app and activate the service, then you can use the SIM in iPhone 6

@ABDay wrote:

I bought a SIM card yesterday for my old iPhone 6. But the SIM card requires iOS 13.0 or greater. Where can I get a SIM card for iOS 12.5??

Public Mobile SIM cards do not require any specific device operating sytem and there aren't any SIM cards that work only for different iOS versions. I believe that you may be look at an OS requirement for the Public Mobile app, but that app is not actually required to use the service. The app, however, is required to activate a new account.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ABDay Have you tried installing the new SIM card in your iPhone 6? are you getting an error message? I believe the requirement for having iOS 13 or later is for being able to install the PM app but if you have a newer phone or tablet that you can install the app on you should be able to complete the account activation on the newer device

Need Help? Let's chat.