cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM CARD stops working

Akashdeepchauha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

My current sim is not working ( my account is active). Is it possible to get a new sim with out changing my mobile number?.

7 REPLIES 7

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Akashdeepchauha 

Before going through the hassle of acquiring a new SIM card and changing it on self-serve, recommend waiting 24 hours and trying using the service again.

What you're experiencing is likely temporary, and trying the many suggestions provided beforehand may likely resolve the issue you're experiencing.

Update us if any of the suggestions worked, please.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Akashdeepchauha 

You certain it is a faulty sim card and not the phone or network?

what exact error you see on the phone status bar?? No Sim?? Sim not provisioned?  No network?

you tested your sim card in another phone¿

you tested the phone in another area ?

if you are certain it is the sim card, yes, you can get a new sim and tie it with your exiting number. 

Just get a new PM sim from Telus or Koodo store or Amazon.  Avoid getting from PM online as the delivery could take long, as much as 3 weeks 

Once you have the new sim, login to My Account using a desktop or laptop (Not Mobile as using mobile phone for this process won't work), then request change sim card from there. 

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Akashdeepchauha 

Login to your account is status showing Active? if yes try to remove sim card from device and insert in other device

Check the status of service status outages 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Akashdeepchauha , what kind of issue are you having with the SIM card? Is the phone unable to detect and read the SIM card?  Is the SIM card being read but the phone is responding like the account is suspended/inactive?  SIM cards are generally very reliable.  If you can provide additional symptoms, the community can suggest more focused suggestions. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Akashdeepchauha  Yes you will sim card swap the number but this needs be done in computer only 

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1676074406700.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

First - try SIM in another phone.

If you have to get new SIM, order it from PM (delivery 5-10 business days OR longer, no tracking) or look at local Telus/Koodo company (not resellers) store. Or even ebay/amazon.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Akashdeepchauha  - can you try your SIM card into another compatible phone, to rule out that it may not be the SIM card?

And, yes, you can swap out the SIM card number on your My Account and everything can transfer over just fine. But first let's confirm your SIM is a dud.

EDIT, other things to try...

Need Help? Let's chat.