cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM CARD REPLACEMENT

dave2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.

Problem: Water damaged phone and SIM card. 

1) Can I order a new SIM card and retain my old # and plan?

2) If yes to 1), approximately how much for replacement SIM card?

3) Is the SIM card one size fits all?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ummm... SIM cards go bad with water? 😛

I've had a couple of phones take a swim and I've always reused the same SIM..... hell, I've seen a dude at work clean a sim and put it back in a phone. Smiley Tongue

motorcycleAce
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Dave2,

1.) As this is not a completely uncommon occurance, replacement SIMs are available. If you visit your account, under "My Profile" there is a button that says "change sim card." This will allow you to change your sim card number without changing your phone number.

2.) Simple answer, replacement sims will be the same as new sims, $10 CAD. From the process described above, purchasing a new SIM from any retailer that carries a Public Mobile SIM, or ordering one right here online will be fine. If, when you enter the SIM # and it does not automatically activate (be sure to give it awhile to process through the system after entering the number), then you should message one of the moderators here on the site. Here is how to contact the moderators : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

3.) No, one size does not fit all when it comes to sim cards!! However, just being with public mobile gives you a step up. All new public mobile sim cards come as a 3-in-1 punch out card so all your sim card size needs are covered!

dave2

Oh, sorry, I thought (foolishly, I suppose) that one could choose two responses as a solution. I was planning on choosing yours too. Anyway, thanks for the help.

dave2

okay, great. thanks.

Pizzaeh

@dave2 wrote:

Just to clarify: is the $10 the cost to change the SIM card, and then one has to purchase the card separately – or does the $10 cover the whole thing?

Yes, the SIM card costs $10 + tax; changing the SIM card linked to the account is free, and done through your self-serve account.

Once you login, click Plans and Add-on tab.

Click Change SIM Card tab.

Follow directions - enter SIM card #.

dave2

Just to clarify: is the $10 the cost to change the SIM card, and then one has to purchase the card separately – or does the $10 cover the whole thing?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dave2 , you can replace the SIM card without impact to your account including phone number and plan. Simply login to your self serve and change SIM card.  The cost is $10 + tax.  You can buy online or from retail partners, London drugs, wow, Mobile shop, k Mobile, Walmart.  The SIM card comes with adapter rings to fit all three sizes.  

Niveks73

As others have stated yes you can keep the number. I order my sim cards online and it took a day to get them. I live in the GTA though.  

Pizzaeh

@dave2:

3-in1 SIM card

Retailers that sell Public Mobile SIM cards:

The Mobile Shop (inside Loblaws, Superstore, Zehrs)
Wow! Mobile boutique
London Drugs
K Mobile
Walmart 

Metal1967

@dave2 wrote:

Hello.

Problem: Water damaged phone and SIM card. 

1) Can I order a new SIM card and retain my old # and plan?

2) If yes to 1), approximately how much for replacement SIM card?

3) Is the SIM card one size fits all?

Thanks

@dave2 

Yesyou can switch all info to new sim...10$ plus tax...not sure on delivery times but many retailers sell them and they are triple punch..fit any phone

Need Help? Let's chat.