cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM 1 not provisioned help?

Cal31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've tried to reset registered networks, airplane mode, etc but to no avail. I did port my old area coded number if that could be a cause? Should I order a new sim?

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Cal31 

If your old Sim card still works allow your port to fail so you will continue to have a working phone line. Once customer support provisions your Sim card to your account and your services are working (except incoming calling if your port failed) the CSA can reinitiate your port request. You can reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) on your old Sim card within 90 minutes of recieving it and your port will then complete within minutes to a max of 2 hours. If it doesn't complete within a half hour though.....then try calling the porting department to see if there was an error made during the port request (have your old account # handy)so you can rectify it.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Cal31 

Did you leave the old SIM in your phone and waited for the text confirming you are porting over to PM? You have 90 minutes to reply or porting request will be cancelled.

Can you tell us what you did so far?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hycm53 

The porting team cannot help in this situation. Calling them will just waste their time and the OP's time. They have indicated they have no services at all. Other than putting the Sim card in another working phone with the same result to confirm the Sim card is the issue only customer support can fix this issue.

@Cal31 wrote:

Sorry of course thank you. Samsung Galaxy Fold 3 bought outright from Samsung. it is dual sim. I did just activated it and port in. No working network, no texts,calls, nothing. Thank you so so so much for your time  

It looks like your porting is not successful. You should contact PM customer service for help, click here to send private message or you can call port team for help. I sent private message to you .

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Cal31 

Your Sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. Only pm customer support can fix this....an easy fix but requires back end account access. Either submit a ticket via SIMon or send a private message with "Sim card not provisioned correctly upon activation" in the subject line. If you choose a private message read the spoiler in the post below....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

Cal31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sorry of course thank you. Samsung Galaxy Fold 3 bought outright from Samsung. it is dual sim. I did just activated it and port in. No working network, no texts,calls, nothing. Thank you so so so much for your time  

ben10nnery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi did you just join Public Mobile? Does the number on the sim card match the sim card number displayed in your account when you login under your profile?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Cal31 

A little clearer info? What is your make and model of phone? Is it dual sim? Did you just activate and port in? Do you have any working services? Calls? Texts? Data?

Need Help? Let's chat.