cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S6 Edge Plus

GSATV
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys,

Using a Bell unlocked S6 Edge Plus, and for the last several weeks I have been experiencing calls that I'm completely missing as well as text messages .They do not appear anywhere on my phone, only leaving a voicemail notification if it's a missed call .

Everybody who has called me seems to be using a different carrier or landline .

Anyone else having similar issue??

10 REPLIES 10

@GSATV I don't think i have heard anyone complaining about missing calls and texts while considering account is in good standing. It works for others, so carrier side is usually not blamed. Since you had this issue on 2 phones, it might be the defective sim? Or some weird glitch in the system or your account. If you would like PM to review your account, send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info and an explanation.

GSATV

Network is set to LTE, VoLTE isn't even an option for whatever reason. 

I'm extremely frustrated with the situation as it's becoming next to impossible how many or who's text messages I have missed. 

UnfortUnfortu, I'm almost ready to jump ship to anotger yet again...

GSATV

I've just switched phones from a Samsung Note to this S6 Edge Plus and had the same issue with that phone. 

Definitely not a hardware issue.  But of course PM would rather blame it on hardware then any issues in their end. 

I think I forgot why I changed carriere before coming back to PM, always seems to be an issue on the users end and never in Public Mobiles end. 

@GSATV wrote:

Sorry, missed the last part of it. I'll try the airplane mode trick. 

Phone always shows LTE .

You do have the preferred network type set to LTE preferred?  This service does not have VoLTE and so 3G connection is needed for voice.  Of course this does not explain the missing text which I like to blame on carrier interoperability. 

@GSATV wrote:

Call reject/Call forwarding not enabled at all. Phone has just been wiped, clean reboot .

APNs are correct, not sure if that even matters .

APN do not matter for calls and texts. If you have another phone, you can test the sim in that phone to figure out if there is any hardware connectivity issue with your s6 edge. 

GSATV

Sorry, missed the last part of it. I'll try the airplane mode trick. 

Phone always shows LTE .

GSATV

Call reject/Call forwarding not enabled at all. Phone has just been wiped, clean reboot .

APNs are correct, not sure if that even matters .

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GSATV I just found this article, you can take a look hope that some tips can help you out with that issue. https://www.urtech.ca/2015/10/solved-samsung-android-voice-calls-going-straight-to-voicemail/

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hi,  If there were more people with similar issue i'm sure there would be several other posts.

my first step is problem solving woudl be to swap sims with another phone.  and see what happens with your phone and the other phone.  if  issue still occurs in your phone with a different sim then you have islolated a hardware issue.  if the issue happend in the other phone with your sim in it then its an account issue.

you could try switching your phone to 3g mode,  recall people mentioning that sometimes phones have issues switching to call from 4g.

other will give other ideas aswell

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GSATV I think you should check the phone number that called you have been blocked or not? Check under menu/settings/call and look under call rejection, and call forwarding and see if anything looks off. Also, try to turn on airplane mode & turn it off again. Reboot your phone. Also, do you have a LTE sim or 3G sim card?

Need Help? Let's chat.