cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumoured 1.5% credit card fee a fact now?

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm just seeing that, at least full on telus customers, as in first tier, are getting emails explaining the new charge to begin sometime in October. Is public mobile sparing us since we already don't get phone in customer support that they get so there's less need or, have they just not dropped the bomb on us yet ?

It's 🐂💩 to do at all since telus as a company raked in about 8 billion in profit last calendar year. They don't need it

Here's how I've become aware (hope this is allowed):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8zIwyKzCb9Y

7 REPLIES 7

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech I hope you're right. To be honest I've never tried to add public mobile as a bill payment in my online banking, but that would also lose the autopsy possibility

My bank does have the possibility of a debit MasterCard, but it may not matter if public still processes it as a credit card, as they will see it as MasterCard if I'm not  mistaken ? Can any reps chime in on this? If these fees come, do we have *any* option to avoid them? 

brother
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Maybe are they possibly also   trying to get our bank info?

brother
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If not by credit card how else are we to pay?

BCW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The fee is not applicable in Quebec.

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is nothing we can do about it. If CRTC were to approve the money grab by TELUS, Rogers and Bell will follow.   File complaint with your MPs and better yet vote out the current weak government (Rogers family think they can bully the minister -  only in Canada).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pawprints1986 we would never know for sure until the moment comes.  But I don't see it coming, not yet at least.  Telus customers have choice to easily pay via the bank, and of course vouchers as well.  PM does not offer the bank option.  With that, I doubt this fees will come to us. 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It wouldn't make much sense for pm to charge that with the encouragement of autopay imo

Need Help? Let's chat.