cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers to PM, how do they compare?

XJin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm currently with Rogers, but will port over to PM after I receive my SIM.

I'd like to know if there's any ex-Rogers user, could you please tell me how do the data speed/reception compare? I'm in GTA area, Mississauga.

Appreciate your help, a screen shot of speed test of PM will be perfect!

9 REPLIES 9

paotranq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Bell supposedly has better coverage in Ontario compared to Rogers. So switching from the Rogers network to PM/Telus (which uses Bell resources for Ontario-Quebec), should in general observe better coverage.

JMCD
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I switched from Fido (Rogers network) and notice a few differences here in London. Some areas are worse than with Rogers, some are better. All in all I'd say it's pretty equal in terms of speed and signal strength. PM has better coverage across Canada than Rogers though, a lot more northern/remote areas are covered.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I made the switch this past weekend from Rogers; on Nexus 5

LTE test was about 25Mbps at home (Toronto west), work was 35Mbps (Mississauga west).

Voice quality improved when making calls to my parents; east coast of Canada (they said it was clearer than the previous day when I was still on rogers)

Text delivery was faster when looking at my gf phone, no few second delay anymore

no complaints. and saved $7/m and quadrupled my data!

Jonavin

Old PM was different tech but new PM (SIM card) is the standard HSPA/WCDMA and LTE and everyone else uses. Rogers (and their sub-brands and MVNO) is the only network that still has an older GSM network in addition to HSPA and LTE.

4siu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i compared with rogers, my wife is using rogers, at the same location. LTE speed is no significant different such as browsing, using Apps, foregivensss the speed test

rodjames
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM doesn't compare to Rogers IMO, different technology.

It mainly depends on your device with any network.

homer

I am not in GTA, but close enough. Although on the rogers network my phone displays less signal bars comparing to Telus, Rogers is still able to connect to its LTE network. In terms of speed, I don't really notice any difference. 

Jonavin

It's going to vary depending on where you are but I've found that in general you will get a better experience with PM vs Rogers in the Toronto area.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Have look here: LTE speed: WOW and by searching "Speed".

I live in Mississauga (Thomas/Glen Erin area) and just measured 18 MB/s upload 4 down on LTE inside the house.  Out on the deck with LTE was 24 and 12. Measured with bandwidthplace.com on iPhone 5.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.