cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robelus price war

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks to FM Cat Indifferent

Now ROBELUS response to FM offer and FM strike back again,folks only until December 19th , Heart the price war Cat Indifferent

46 REPLIES 46

Poprocks
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, Spotify does that as well, Luddite. Perhaps these companies are used to dealing with the reasonable/unlimited data plans of the USA... 

The issue of requiring more data when your connection is faster is real based on the testing I have done with 3G and LTE. Netflix for sure, and maybe others, adjust the stream quality to match your connection speed, So the higher quality videos will consume more data. It is solely personal preference that drives this need.

Many of you already have higher speed connections on cell phones than I use at home! I am THE LUDDITE after all. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Folks, although the discussion forum is meant to include topics generic in nature, it was never intended to be a shopping forum.  I know the recent promotions generate a lot of enthusiasm, and I am caught up in it as much as anyone.  Let's keep the discussion focused on generic topics related to this service.  I invite everyone to participate in shopping forums such as red flag deals if they wish to discuss cellular plan options.

@will13am before you can mentions lots about Zoomer right, now you changed because you earned the badge Cat Happy

@Wonder_why With great power, come great responsability 🙂  well maybe  limited power 🙂  

Where is Spiderman when you need him? Hmmmmmm.

zzs333
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That's my thought as well

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Wonder_why wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Folks, although the discussion forum is meant to include topics generic in nature, it was never intended to be a shopping forum.  I know the recent promotions generate a lot of enthusiasm, and I am caught up in it as much as anyone.  Let's keep the discussion focused on generic topics related to this service.  I invite everyone to participate in shopping forums such as red flag deals if they wish to discuss cellular plan options.

@will13am before you can mentions lots about Zoomer right, now you changed because you earned the badge Cat Happy

@Wonder_why With great power, come great responsability 🙂  well maybe  limited power 🙂  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I can unersyand a 4k tv. But 4k YouTube on a cellphone??  I really don't understand the need.  But that is just me I guess.

Wonder_why

@shawnie_boy wrote:

It’s really too bad they are not offering a cheaper plan option. I just don’t need 10gb when I have wifi all day. I would like the additional features from the other brands though. 

@shawnie_boy

Its not about how much data you use NOW...its about future proofing yourself and locking in the 10Gb plan...

With the quality of pictures literally going up every 6 months, and the quality and quantity of videos being shared on social media, all your app/website data usage will continue to increase. Just one year ago I could get away with 3GB of data, today (and my habits have not changed much), today I can barely get away with 6GB (I average 5.5gb over the last 4 months).

With youtube moving to 4k, netflix4k, and even 8k on the horizon, data usage will increase SIGNIFICANTLY in the next year and beyond.

This is a great opportunity to pay the extra few bucks a month and lock in the 10GB.

Wonder_why

@will13am wrote:

Michael77

@shawnie_boy wrote:

It’s really too bad they are not offering a cheaper plan option. I just don’t need 10gb when I have wifi all day. I would like the additional features from the other brands though. 

I agree. 

I might be leaving ( I got an offer from Rogers) unless Telus or Koodo come up with some cheaper postpaid plans to keep their PM prepaid customers. If Rogers can do it for their Chatr and Fido customers then so can Telus.

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite wrote:

@will13am wrote:

'na; post to your heart's content. Let's help each other find the best deal that meets our needs. Robot wink

Big LTE data is not on PM's radar anyway.

Agreed.  Here we help each other with using this service.  On shopping forums we help each other with getting the best deals.  This may or may not involve recommending this service.  I have always said that my loyalty is to my wallet ahead of any service provider.  This allegiance is unwavering.

@will13am wrote:

'na; post to your heart's content. Let's help each other find the best deal that meets our needs. Robot wink

Big LTE data is not on PM's radar anyway.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

ScrapIron
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would never trust robbers to uphold their prices. They already try to sneak every little increase into my internet bill.

KMG

After Dec19, I assume everything will return to normal.  i.e. everybody charging a ton for a little

Need Help? Let's chat.