cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

LouAnne2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Today I tried to purchase the 10days for $10 roaming plan offered to me by Public while we're travelling in the usa.  Does work don't bother trying it,  something to do with usa carriers and  3G and 5G  Poor excuse I'd say, everyone knew this was coming.  I'm sure with this loss of revenue into telus pockets they'll be getting off their asses quickly 

13 REPLIES 13

@LouAnne2 

you can purchasing this Jethro Mobile Prepaid US Sim Card

or from walmart store.

or Download the TextNow App

and you will getting number from that app to make Call & SMS.Free. by use Wi-Fi.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

BTW, your solution chosen gives inaccurate answer, hopefully, @Meow  will update their post to correct the information for others reading this thread.

Thank you @dabr  for point it out! Post corrected (with additional comment).

Verizon I could maybe see. But Public is a roaming partner with AT&T (or was).

@LouAnne2    I agree that PM's roaming rates are much cheaper compared to the other carriers per day rates (ridiculously expensive), but the 250MB is kind on the steep side still..

BTW, your solution chosen gives inaccurate answer, hopefully, @Meow  will update their post to correct the information for others reading this thread.

LouAnne2

Except an at&t Sim card won't work in my Canadian phone been to the store and asked. Same with verison

LouAnne2

Actually not if u compare to telusnroaming at 11.00 per day

CGO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Much cheaper with us sim or voip.

LouAnne2

Thxs, got a refund

LouAnne2

No qu3stion just venting...I've had my question answered already. Just so u know there is defina 10 for 10 plan I just paid for it, didn't work here in Alaska so was given a refund

@dust2dust    Actually, PM offers 250MB roaming data for $10.  Ridiculously expensive, of course!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Currently there is No $10 US add-on.

My mistake. I was thinking of talk/text... There is US roaming $10 = 250MB data add-on but I thought nobody sane will pay such money for measly 250MB of data when free WiFi is at every corner (unless you are in the sticks but then you do not a phone but some reliable weapon...).

And what is your question exactly and what kind of support you require?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

lol Yeah that's an old text.There isn't a $10 roaming add-on.

It's actually talk that is problematic. But if you connect to T-Mobile, they let us use their old 2G for talk. Text and data should work though. Forget about AT&T.

Adding - oh, Alaska, yeah forget about it.

Adding more - lol I shoulda kept scrolling.. Thanks @dabr 

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@LouAnne2 hi the issues have been going on for awhile now,they are aware and doing little about it if you want a refund,

you need the help of a service rep

There are two ways to contact a customer service agent , open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca

Or  private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user

Need Help? Let's chat.