cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer of my account from Bell to Public mobile may not have been successful

Susan8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have noticed that I cannot reach some of my contacts by text or phone. When I recently sent a text to my daughter. it came to her with adifferent phone number. She wondered if I had changed my phone  number, I did not. I had requested through Bell that  I keep my same phome number. Could you check to see if my Transfer was incomplete? (July 27 2022)

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Susan8 

Going by the date of July 27th you have passed the 30 days of an incompleted port so public mobile automatically reassigns you another phone number so that you have complete access to your services both in and out. You probably noticed the lack of people calling you in the last month?

To reinitiate your lort request you should be able to do this yourself within your pm account by using the change number feature.

You will need the following information about your bell account to enter:

• Full name on your bell account.
  • Your bell account number.
  • Your phone number to be ported in from bell.

Make share your bell account is active and still in service. If you have the Bell SIM card put it back in your phone and reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it.

If you do not have your bell SIM card anymore once you request the port in the change number feature of your account immediately afterwards call Bell customers service to verify your account and verbally authorize the port request.

Once the port completes your bell SIM card will stop working your bell account will be automatically canceled and closed. All of your incoming services using your old phone number that you have ported in will begin to work on your public SIM card. The last thing to complete is your incoming calling.

Mobile phone number ports can take up to 2 hours to complete but generally it should complete within 20 to 30 minutes after you have approved the port request. Many are almost instant or completed in a couple of minutes. If you go beyond the 30 minutes please report back here and we will give you the telus porting department phone number for you to call and get an update on your port request.

Good luck and we can welcome your phone number to public mobile! 😀

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like a stuck port. The most important things would be to make sure you Bell account was still in good standing when you did the port and you left your old bell sim in the phone and answered yes to the porting text within 90 minutes. If that was not done then you will have to reinitiate that process.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Susan8  - well that is odd. Unless you are using a new phone that you need to deregister a phone number on it perhaps (if iphone?).

When you sign into your My Account do you see the phone number you expect to see under your Profile TAB?

If this is a failed port, you will need the Bell account active to restart the porting process (and the sim card..unless you can get a verbal ok from Bell).

Check your Private INBOX messages, I have sent you the TELUS Porting phone number to at least check this.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

When you ported from Bell did you confirm the port with the old sim in a phone? Does your old Bell account still work? Or can you access it?

Can you login to your account? You should see which phone number it is. It does happen that the port would fail if not done properly and that your number gets changed to some random number.

You may need to reactivate the Bell account and then you can re-do the port.

shinchu99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Susan8 did you leave your bell sim card in your phone and get an text message from Publicmobile to Transfer over should be take about 90mins to proccess to complete. OR did you put Port protection on bell is there any Ring of  the bell ?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Susan8 

open ticket directly  https://bit.ly/3Km9bXv

or contact PM support team by private message CS_Agent

Need Help? Let's chat.