Did you mean: 

Roaming

Yanannaj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I will go to Japan and China, how can I apply for roaming? Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7

@BKNS27 wrote:

@computergeek541 

I was referring to a Japanese number not a Canadian number as the phone wouldn’t work in Japan.

In your previous post, you stated "You will need to purchase LD calling Add-on to call forward to a Japanese but not a Chinese number. These are the countries that PM offer for LD calling."  That part isn't right.  A Public Mobile long distance add-on will not help a customer to be able to forward to a Japanese phone number.

@computergeek541 

I was referring to a Japanese number not a Canadian number as the phone wouldn’t work in Japan.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Yanannaj 

You will need to purchase LD calling Add-on to call forward to a Japanese but not a Chinese number. These are the countries that PM offer for LD calling.

IMG_0164.png

The above isn't correct.  Public Mobile only allows cal forwarding to Canadian phone numbers.

@Yanannaj 

You will need to purchase LD calling Add-on to call forward to a Japanese but not a Chinese number. These are the countries that PM offer for LD calling.

IMG_0164.png

I would use the Fongo app for free calling and texting or WhatsApp through hotel wifi.

Yanannaj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, will I be able to receive calls while I am in Japan if I set up call forwarding to another phone before leaving Canada. Thanks!

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Yanannaj if your phone supports eSIM you can also look at airalo which offers international data plans so you can use for email , WhatsApp or other apps if wifi is not an option

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Yanannaj 

Sorry no roaming offered on PM in Japan or China. PM only offer roaming in the USA.

You will need to purchase a local SIM there or you can use Whatsapps or Fongo on wifi (hotel or where you are staying) for free calling and texting.

Need Help? Let's chat.