cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

JohnnyB1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I buy a roaming add-on, can I call (voice) from Hawaii to North Carolina?

10 REPLIES 10

JohnnyB1

Thanks, that's very helpful.

@JohnnyB1 

with iPhone SE 2022, you'll have a volte enabled phone. You'll have no problem calling while in US. BTW...just leave cellular data enabled all the time. As a prepaid cell service, you'll never get a bill for using too much data or anything else. If you don't pre-pay for something, it just won't work. With data, you have a limit and once you hit that limit...data will just stop. You can't be billed anything extra unless you actually buy something like extra data add-on or some such.

JohnnyB1

Sorry, I have it now.  I had 'cellular data' off too.  Not sure how it made the call.

JohnnyB1

I have 3rd generation SE from 2022, so not so old after all.  I turned off WiFi and made a local call, but I didn't see 'LTE', just 'Public Mobile'.  Do I have to test with a long distance call, or maybe from the U.S.?

@JohnnyB1 

which iPhone SE...I have the 2020 and it does work on volte. If you have the 2016, it has volte, but PM won't turn it on.

JohnnyB1

Had to look up VoLTE.  My iPhone SE is too old, but I'll try your advice when I get to Hawaii.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JohnnyB1 

although PM offers talk while in US, I found that your phone must be volte enabled for best talk experience. In the US, they've shut down their 3G network so calls will work on volte or you must have a phone that will drop to 2G for calls.  To find out, disable your wifi, then make a call...does the phone stay connected to LTE or does it drop to 3G for the call ? If it stays on LTE, you're golden.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes the US roaming covers Hawaii.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @JohnnyB1 

yes you can 

with Roaming voice, you can call within US and Canada for free

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JohnnyB1  YES 

Need Help? Let's chat.