cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working

Jcurry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello 👋 I added 15 days of US talk and text and roaming to my mother's plan. Her account says she has 5/15 days left but she keeps getting texts saying she has no texts left. She also can't make any calls.

30 REPLIES 30

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@drlneisen 

Thank you! We had a feeling that would have to occur to avoid any conflict with the valid but not working 15 day US Roaming add on.

@J_PM 

Maybe pm should consider adding back the stand alone talk and stand alone text and the 500mb data add on. Assuming there is still the glitch with 2 add ons that feature a talk component cause dropped calls and the 24 hour waiting period after expiry  to purchase the same add on pm customer's have gotten used to using a variety of US Roaming add ons as workarounds for the service issues that pm has with Roaming add ons.

Those 3 US Roaming add ons should be easy enough to add back into the line up...even if it's just in our self serve accounts. Then as tech team sorts out the current issue maybe a rethink of the entire US Roaming add on menu is in order? Or maybe a feedback announcement thread contest on what the community wants, could or would use when it comes to US Roaming add ons?

For the most part the pricing is good.....a little wonky but basically good. But better choice so there's room for flexibility and when necessary workarounds if the glitches or limitations can't be overcome? For example....

US Roaming Add ons:  3 Day.     7 Day     15 Day

• Data 2GB/3GB*        $25          $25*         $25*
  • Data 1GB.                  $15          $20          $20
  • Data 500mb.             $15.         $15.         $15
  • Data 250mb.             $10.         $10.         $10
  • Talk (unlimited)        $6.           $8.           $10
  • Text (unlimited)        $6.           $8.           $10
  • Talk+Text Bundle.    $10          $14          $16
  • Talk+Text+250mb*  $15.         $20*        $20*   (*500mb)
  • Talk+Text+1gb.        $20.         $25.         $25
  • Talk+Text+3gb.        $30.         $30.         $30

It's also time to update the help articles on US Roaming add ons so as to fully explain how voice services are affected by the decommissioning of the US 3G networks and the need to use T-Mobile's 2G network along with AT&T no longer public mobile's Roaming partner(?)

drlneisen

thank you

Yes, my original US roaming add on was removed

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@drlneisen 

Awesome....maybe Jade sent a memo to the CSA's on the workaround (to activate a new US Roaming add ons) for customers. If possible can you log into your account and just check (after using the refresh arrow) if the CSA removed your original US Roaming add on from your account? But great news that customer support have implemented our suggestion for a workaround. Enjoy the rest of your time in the US.

drlneisen

In the end, I told them dust2dust’s suggestion and by the following morning I received a message from another tech person which included the following:

“ Ihave activated a new 15-day add-on similar to the old one and you may need to reboot the phone to use it.

For it, I have added a $30 credit on our part. Please let me know if I can be of further help.”

So it was all fixed.

thanks again for your help and everything else’s in the community- it was much appreciated 

@darlicious- I'd like to see a confirmation back from a daring customer whether buying the opposite bundle allows them to talk and text again even while the first one is allegedly active. We have always been able to buy other buckets of data so that's not as much of a concern other than the hassle. Then contact support to straighten out the costs. The new 3-piece bundle is $10 more than the prior. Yes it has 2.75gb more data but still, it's the money that matters.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

I wholeheartedly agree.

@J_PM 

A workaround to help customers left stranded without service for the past 3 days would be a good idea. When a glitch occurred a few years ago preventing customers with provincial calling from making provincial calls the community quickly figured out purchasing the Canada wide calling add on was an immediate workaround solution. Public mobile acknowledged this as they worked towards a permanent solution and credited customers that were proactive and followed up with adding that same add on to all affected accounts so that they were not inconvenienced longer than necessary. When the glitch reoccurred a couple years later the community was able to suggest the workaround to minimize the impact on customer support and allow customers to ask for the credit back in their own time. Is there anything preventing a similar workaround solution? Otherwise the go to solution for most community members is to copy and paste the links to customer support for affected customers and/or tell them to ask for a refund.

But we do appreciate that pm has recognized and acknowledged the glitch. Thx. 🙂

@J_PM  - Some? We've seen quite a slew of them here. And that's just what we see here. I should think people should be getting free re-buy's or compensation for this screw up. Thanks for the acknowledgement of the problem.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@Jcurry  Sorry for the trouble with your roaming add-on. A glitch has been detected that is impacting service for the remaining 5 days of the add-on for some customers. Our teams are working to resolve this issue asap.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@drlneisen 

Best I say nothing at all as they say....except....good grief Charlie Brown?!! @J_PM 

@dust2dust 

It gives me a little hope that the tech is from telus at least but I don't think management got the memo that there is a gigantic glitch with the new US Roaming add ons and as you say there really isn't anything a tech can do one on one with a customer as this is a back end system issue. At this point I would go so far as to say pm renamed, reprised and redesigned the US Roaming add-ons but neglected to recode them. I am willing to bet that they really haven't changed the expiry at all and it would be safe to purchase again. A new purchase of a US Roaming add on will be credited back to customers or pm will see the CCTS complaints piling up at the door. It's just sad that customer support cannot recognize how to be proactive with a simple workaround until this gets fixed.

@drlneisen- lol That is just nuts. Maybe you should get a voip app and wifi somewhere to reply to him. TextNow seems popular around here. A few ads but free is good.

But I don't think you need a tech to fix the problem. They need to fix the problem at their end and they need to re-do it for you as though you were asking to re-buy like they used to for when it expires.

drlneisen

They have offered no solution at all, temporary or otherwise.. I got the following text message a couple of hours ago which is just nuts given I can’t reply:

Hi my name is Emmanuel from TELUS for your issues with the roaming in the US. Please let me know when you have a few minutes

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Good point....the CSA should remove the expired add on to avoid any possible issues. But the new add on should just be free.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@drlneisen- The above suggestion is very close to the requirement of needing to contact support to re-buy roaming add-ons without the wait. They should remove the old add-on and put in the new one. But you will want compensation for this new bug or at least the difference from the old $20 talk/text/data bundle that was 10 days (but much less data).

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@drlneisen 

Has the CSA suggested a resolution in the meantime? Since this is now a known glitch for the past couple of days and no one has posted feedback of it being fixed yet I wouldn't count on it being fixed anytime soon or in the time period remaining on your 15 day US Roaming add on. I would suggest to the CSA that they add a new 15 day US Roaming add on to your account for free and if they like they can remove it 5 days from now....though they will likely not do that?

drlneisen

agent is now submitting a ticket to tech...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@drlneisen 

Only calls are affected with that glitch. You can also download textnow and choose a Canadian phone number. You can use it for calls and texts on wifi....and mobile data. You could just purchase a US Roaming data add on and use textnow. You will still recieve incoming pm SMS texts regardless of having any roaming add on. You could then use textnow to call your phone number and press "*" when it connects and enter your voicemail PIN #. You can then access your voicemail and if you like change your greeting to leave your textnow # for callers to reach you.

drlneisen

I clarified the situation when they first contacted and I have yet to hear anything back.

I will wait for now prior to buying another add-on due to the risk of glitches in calls you mentioned

Are you aware of any issues with texts when you have multiple adding?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@drlneisen 

Please report back their fix? Thx!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@drlneisen 

Yes I would. This is all new and I'm sure the agents and the tech team are scrambling right now. Customers currently roaming in this situation willing to try stuff will be the first to figure out a workaround as none of the pm staff are there to test things out. Don't worry pm customer support will eventually sort it all out and credit back the costs to make up for this rather giant glitch.

drlneisen

thank you dust2dust, I have gotten a reply from an agent, so I will work with them

I appreciate your help

@drlneisen- Yes, that's the intent of the test. Support still needs to fix things though. So if they've got back to you then let them do what need to do before futzing around with trying out things.

drlneisen

the talk/text bundle is available to me in self serve, should I purchase it? even though unlimited txt and unlimited calls is still listed as being active and having 4 days left - despite not working

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@drlneisen- We seem to be using a couple threads. Before support does get back to you, you could try buying the talk/text bundle. Then make a call of several minutes to see if the call cuts off. This was a problem before with multiple talk add-ons. But the fact that the one is not working, maybe it would in this case. Support would still need to straighten everything out though.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@drlneisen 

Assuming that the 15 day US Roaming add ons still expire at 10 days (240 hours) you should be able to purchase anything available in your account without it being affected. I'm pretty sure you will be credited back your purchase for this pm boondoggle. If the first one has expired it shouldn't affect your talk portion of the new US Roaming add on.  That is our primary concern as that was a previous glitch.....2 concurrent talk add ons would cause dropped calls at the 2 minute mark.

drlneisen

yes I am - I have a talk/txt/data bundle, it stopped working approx 48 hrs ago, however in my self serve says I still have 4 days left

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@drlneisen 

Are you willing to be the guinea pig? What US Roaming add ons are available to you in your self serve account? And which one do you have that has seemingly expired at 240 hours instead of 360? Has 24 hours passed since it seems to have expired?

drlneisen

Could you please tell me what we should do in the meantime so we can use our phones? I.e. If we purchase another roaming add on, even though our current one is not finished - 1) will it work? 2)will we be refunded?

thank you in advance for your help

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jcurry   PM has just changed from 10 days to 15 days roaming, I think some part of the system still tied to the old 10 days.  Please open ticket with PM Support as advised by @esjliv 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jcurry 

It's looking like pm changed their US Roaming add ons from 10 days to 15 days but they forgot to actually change the coding extending the expiry date the extra 120 hours. Only customer support can help in this situation.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jcurry - others have reported similar issues.

I would suggest to submit a ticket with CSA about it and get this sorted out so she can have services for the remaining time she is owed.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.