cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in USA

Bb16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Do I need to have a plan that includes unlimited calls to the US in order to add the roaming plan that allows me to call US and Canada while traveling to the US?

6 REPLIES 6

@wazadooba 

Yes, U.S. data roaming works.  Also, Public Mobile isn't only "3g".  That confusing way of advertising plans is only about data speeds but nothing about network types. It's possible that a customer has a non-LTE device.

wazadooba
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does data roaming in the US even work? 3G was sunset in the US in February and this PM website says "customers with U.S. roaming add-ons traveling to the United States may be impacted when roaming". Of course I read that after I paid for a roaming addon. Public Mobile wouldn't sell me something they know doesn't work, would they?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

No you don't need a plan that includes that, just the add on which you can purchase on your way there an fit will last for 10 days. Many other alternatives depending on how long you are there, and T-Mobile may be the better network to connect to if you do go the add on route. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

As long as you have an Active account...you can get a 10 Day US Roaming add-on for use whilst in USA.

Even just the cheapest $15 regular plan and you can still get any add-on.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Bb16   Any plan can get US roaming.  

How long you will be in US?  If you are there longer than 10 days, maybe it is cheaper and easier to get a US Data prepaid plan and then use VoIP app to make and receive calls instead

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The base plan only needs to be active. Then you buy roaming add-ons for use in the US (not the in-Canada calling to the US). It's 2 steps. Add money to your balance. Buy the add-on from that balance.

Need Help? Let's chat.