cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in US - 5G?

JDodd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello - my daughter and I have the plan that includes data in the US. We successfully connected to roaming, and in my notes I had written down to connect to 4G/LTE - however 5G was an option when we connected. Can we change it to 5G, the LTE seems quite slow 

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

All the times I have been to the US, I just leave the phone on 5G preferred and let it connect to whatever carrier automatically.  It does what it does.  I have not really had issues.  

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JDodd no harm in trying to connect with 5G it's just that some people have had issues and found 4G/LTE worked out better. Feel free to experiment to see if speeds are better. You can also manually select between T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon to see if one works out better for you than the others

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @JDodd 

you can use 5G as well as 4G

if you think the current 4G is slow, you can also try different network.  You can try T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon and see which one is best

I think Verizon does not give you 5G.  When I used it, T-Mobile was good on both 5G and 4G

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

yes, you can .  But some people said 5G is more stable.  But if the 4G does not work well try 5G

Need Help? Let's chat.