cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming data question

leener
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good Morning,

I am on Public Mobile and live in Athabasca, AB.  The Telus tower in town caught fire on the weekend and it will be a couple of weeks until the tower is back operational.

My phone automatically is roaming for cell service but my question is can I turn on roaming mobile data or will I incur extra charges? 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

leener

Awesome - thank you!

@leener wrote:

Hi,

Right now there is no Telus or Bell cell service in Athabasca so I have heard that all Telus customers are roaming to the Rogers service in town.

Colleen

The part that I'm surprised about is Public Mobile customers having access.  In cases where the large carriers allow extended coverage through roaming on Canada, the budget carriers are usually excluded.  Use the Rogers tower as much as you want. Public Mobile isn't going to send you a bill.

leener

Hi,

Right now there is no Telus or Bell cell service in Athabasca so I have heard that all Telus customers are roaming to the Rogers service in town.

Colleen

@leener wrote:

Good Morning,

I am on Public Mobile and live in Athabasca, AB.  The Telus tower in town caught fire on the weekend and it will be a couple of weeks until the tower is back operational.

My phone automatically is roaming for cell service but my question is can I turn on roaming mobile data or will I incur extra charges? 

Thanks

Public Mobile has no way to charge for usage anyway, so use away.  I'm not so sure that you're roaming, but more likely connecting to a tower that is farther away.  Public Mobile customers usually can't roam while in Canada even if they wanted.  Please note that roaming only happens when connecting to a different network.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@leener wrote:

Good Morning,

Thanks

There are no extra charges here. If your talk and text is working then your data should work. Some say to just leave roaming on all the time as there are no extra charges.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is US roaming  but you would need to have it included with your plan or purchase an add-on.  Data within Canada is not considered roaming and would work across Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.