Roaming charges for data and talk while travelling within Canada

bostik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I live in Vancouver and I currently have the following plan:

- 12GB Data

- Expired

- Unlimited International Text

- Unlimited Provincial Talk

I will be visiting Montreal for a week. I want to know what roaming charges are for data and talk. Can i purchase a temporary add-on during my travel to Montreal, so I do not incur any roaming charges for data and talk.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
And in case you don't want to pay extra you can install the app Fongo and get a number with them. Then when traveling forward all your calls to Fongo. Like this, every incoming call will ring via Fongo Which will be easy since as mentioned above your LTE data would still work with no problems.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You should be able to make calls to quebec numbers but you won't be able to make calls outsie quebec and you wont be able to recieve calls.

here is a good thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dis...

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

There are no roaming charges.

Both data and text will work as usual as if it is in your province. (Those can be used anywhere in Canada with no extra charges) 

For calls it is a bit different. Buy a LD call add-on for 8 $ for 200 min  (Won't expire unless fully used ) or 15$ for 400 min to be able to receive and make outgoing calls from and to everywhere in canada 

Edit: Your calls will be able to be done in quebec only, but won't be able to receive any calls . See the post by @mimmo below, it offeres great informations.

Need Help? Let's chat.