cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Add-On

Danny38
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Purchased a 10-day roaming add-on on Saturday for my trip to NY from Toronto until this coming Friday, September 9th.

The moment I purchased it, it worked! I could text back and forth with my cousin from her NY house to her NY house. (I was downstairs, she was upstairs, to test.)

Noticed it wasn't working yesterday. Now I can't text her, her sister, or even my family back home in Canada... What happened?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Danny38

Thank you, I may try this, since it didn't work more often than it did. 😕 It wasn't reliable and I was stuck places because I couldn't reach my family. 

Danny38

I typed this reply from my email once the issue had been resolved, but it doesn't seem to have posted, so I'll paste here:

Thank you, I think toggling the airplane mode worked. 🙂 Looks like it's working again.

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Danny38 

open ticket with PM support and ask them refund

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Once ticket is submitted,(envelope icon on the top right) CS_Agent will reply you there.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can manually choose your network

@Danny38   you should be only connecting to T-Mobile or AT&T for roaming

Check your Mobile connection 

Danny38

I am still in NY... How do you mean which one I'm connected to? And about automatic/manual?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

So you purchased the addon on September 3rd. Okay, you are still in the 10 day window @Danny38 

Restart your phone or toggle in/out airplane mode.

Are you sure you have data left ? Call 611 to check your roaming data balance.

Both iMessage and Chat Features require a wifi connections or data to send/receive texts.

• if iMessage and you are out of data for your current cycle be sure to have SMS and MMS enabled in the settings of your device.
  • if you are using android and you use Chat Features, then I suggest you turn that off, as it requires wifi or data to send/receive texts.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Danny38 

Which network are you connecting to ?  Try both T-Mobile and AT&T and see which one work.  You might want to change from Automatic to Manual so you can pick the one you want

Also, are you still in NY? or somewhere else now?

Need Help? Let's chat.