cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ringer on phone doesn't work

trixie2011
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ibought this phone 4 months ago for my mom  when I added the voicemail on it ,it stopped ringing.

i CALL HER IT RINGS 5 TIMES ON MY SIDE VOICEMAIL GOES ON

SHE CALLS ME LATER AND SAYS IT NEVER RINGS ON HER SIDE

DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ,IT HAS 1 YEAR WARRANTY .

NOT SURE IF I TRY TO GET RID OF THE VOICEMAIL  NOT SURE HOW TO DO THIS

MAYBE IT MIGHT RING .SHE DOESN'T LIVE WITH ME SO IT'S HARD I NEED TO GO 

ON THE WEEKEND TO TRY SEE IF I CAN DO ANYTHING.

DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS PROBLEM?

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

If it's blocked or any of the unconditional call forwards will send it to voicemail without ringing the phone first.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@darlicious wrote:

@trixie2011 

You may have set the conditional call forwarding (or unconditional as well) options all to voicemail when

In case of forwarding:

- Phone WILL ring if forwarding is set up.

- Phone line will return busy signal if phone is off (or airplane set to on).

OP's wife's phone does NOT ring at all. Could be something with notification set up for phone app? Mute, disabled, ringtone issue, volume 0, etc.?

trixie2011

she doesn't have data  it's a flip phone she press buttons old style 80 years old mom

trixie2011

No she can not receive any calls thanks will try 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@trixie2011 

You may have set the conditional call forwarding (or unconditional as well) options all to voicemail when you set up the voicemail. To reset all of the conditional call forwarding back to default enter ##004#. To reset unconditional call forwarding enter ##21#.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@trixie2011  - also, sometimes turning off the phone (and not putting it to sleep..when the screen goes black), I mean holding down the power button until you see on the screen the option to Power Off.  edit...and then turn it back on again. lol

fyi, i've 'tutored' parents remotely, I understand the challenges. If she has difficulty tech-wise, is there someone near her that could assist?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@trixie2011  - oh, that is a tough one if you don't have the phone in your hands to see what is going on and the settings on it. Adding voicemail should not make calls go to voicemail. 

Can she receive other calls ok, or are all calls going to voicemail?

So, my first question to your mom would be, does she have her do not disturb setting on? All calls would go to voicemail instead of ring.

If it is just select people that calls are going to her voicemail, see if she can go to the settings of your contacts app and check for the option for only receiving calls from your contact list. If this option is turn on, turn it off.

Or, ask her to add your number to your contact list.

In case there is a network issue, try setting the phone, at least temporarily, to 3g network mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.