cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards for Amazon employee ?

couturier-dave
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered a SIM card for myself few days ago and so far it works great. I ordered a second SIM card for my wife and it seems someone in Amazon wants to get free rewards the easy way. Not sure it's what friend referral is for ! 😂

edited by computergeek541: referral code/third party advertising removed

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bluejaywpg wrote:

I wish I had known to seek out a referral code before signing up for PM. Not sure how I would've found one, as I don't know anyone on PM before I joined.

I was the same. I learned about PM in some article somewhere about lower rates that quoted Telus saying something like "we got low rates...we have Public Mobile". So I had a look and liked what I saw seeing rates about half what I was paying Telus and ran out and bought a SIM and ran home and did all the activation. A week or two later I signed up in the community...driven mostly by hey wait a minute what's with all these promos for new customers...well aren't I a new customer. Nope.

But no $10 credit for a referral.

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I wish I had known to seek out a referral code before signing up for PM. Not sure how I would've found one, as I don't know anyone on PM before I joined.

Well found that link then went to a link from that post to one of mine. Noticed a referral code still showing 😂

Since two Oracle's are on this thread care to edit it out?

Poster Anya48 on page two.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Applying-promo-code-to-account/td-...

@mimmo @computergeek541 

EDIT: thanks @computergeek541  for editing it out👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Then others suggested the the "please welcome our newest members" section be removed as maybe people are sending referrals to all the new signups.

That's an interesting idea, and it might help a little, but I don't see it having that much of an effect. I believe that most people don't sign up to Community accounts until after they're customers, so people sending codes out on a wide-scale seems a little odd to me.

We do see people making a community account before activating.

I had one from a username that never posts immediately after I made a community account for another account so that I could enter the Xmas draws. One entry per person donchaknow...the other account is in my spouses name. I recognized immediately what was going on.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jb456 unfortunately there is often a big disconnect between the rules and the enforcement.  And there really should be some sort of teeth to the rules and some implications else things will just keep going.

@Catherine_T  are you able to comment on unsolicited referal requests and the TOS.

I also remember I think a post where people could post who sent them unsolicited requests.  

@Jb456 wrote:

Then others suggested the the "please welcome our newest members" section be removed as maybe people are sending referrals to all the new signups.

That's an interesting idea, and it might help a little, but I don't see it having that much of an effect. I believe that most people don't sign up to Community accounts until after they're customers, so people sending codes out on a wide-scale seems a little odd to me.

@iliketotalk  then I guess @Catherine_T will have to give a refresher to the moderator team.

Tiana posted a thread 4 weeks ago. "Community Terms of Service & New Community Guidelines"

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Community-Terms-of-Service-amp-New-Comm...

Keep it spam-free

The Community works best when information is easy to find. Please don’t clutter threads with posts advertising third-party services or products or send private messages with advertisements. Please also refrain from sharing your referral code with others in the Community in the public forums or via private message. Additionally, if a question has already been answered, then it may not be necessary to respond as well. 

++++++

I can't find the other thread however around the time that this was posted by Tiana..someone mentioned they received a bunch of messages with referral codes. An Oracle told them to report it to Moderators. Then others suggested that the "please welcome our newest members" section be removed as maybe people are sending referrals to all the new signups.

So that moderator should have gave the sender a warning or something. I'm sure it's been said over and over through the years to only send one if the person asks on a post or sends you a PM.

@Jb456 wrote:

@couturier-dave  regarding your post below. If you mean you received private messages in you Public Mobile inbox. Please report the usernames to the moderators.

This is not allowed here. UNLESS you make a post on the forums asking for a referral code. Then people can send you a private message.  Or if you private message someone asking them for a code then they can give you one.

To report the usernames to moderators you can click link below to send moderators a private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Screenshot_20200803_194641.jpg

@Jb456 hi regardless of what you or I or any other customer might think on the topic of pm other members with referals Public obviously is not concerned, here is what they sent me when I tried to report someone    

Hi iliketotalk!

This can be a very welcomed initiative for a new use who can save.

If you already got referred no need to worry, you can tell this user to stop sending any promo.

Dany,

PM Mod  

@will13am wrote:

There are a lot of characters force feeding their referral code on new customers these days.  Back in the day when Public Mobile was an unknown quantity, the situation was the other way around.  New customers searched out existing customers for a referral code.  Those were the days...

It was a lot easier to get referrals back in those days. You didn't even have to do anything. The existing customers would be approached by people wanting to sign up. That has all but stopped. When I was saying that I don't find the note with an referral code on it to be that extreme, I have more of a problem with codes being sent to others in an unsolicited manner through this website and others. Codes are all over the place, so sending codes out when it hasn't been asked for is more likely to attract a negative reaction. That's just from my expeirience/my opinion. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There are a lot of characters force feeding their referral code on new customers these days.  Back in the day when Public Mobile was an unknown quantity, the situation was the other way around.  New customers searched out existing customers for a referral code.  Those were the days...

@computergeek541  thanks for the info!

Jb456, 

I can't remove pictures from the account. A moderator needs to do it. When someone posts account information, what I do is flag the post, but in the comment box, I post a link to the member's photo page. I've found that sometimes the pictures saved on the account sometimes get forgotten and that's why I include a link to the profile and the picture section of it. I'm not too concerned about this specific picture as there's no personal information displayed.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 . Not sure if you have access to delete the pictures from OPs account. As they still show under his pictures.

@couturier-dave  regarding your post below. If you mean you received private messages in you Public Mobile inbox. Please report the usernames to the moderators.

This is not allowed here. UNLESS you make a post on the forums asking for a referral code. Then people can send you a private message.  Or if you private message someone asking them for a code then they can give you one.

To report the usernames to moderators you can click link below to send moderators a private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Screenshot_20200803_194641.jpg

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

@couturier-dave 

@couturier-dave wrote:

I ordered a SIM card for myself few days ago and so far it works great. I ordered a second SIM card for my wife and it seems someone in Amazon wants to get free rewards the easy way. Not sure it's what friend referral is for ! 😂

thank you for letting us know, sneaky people................

While some might not approve, there's nothing illegal about this activity. As long as a working sim card is provided, the buyer got what they paid for. I don't think that there are many who can claim that they don't try to get referrals. It's just a matter of how much effort someone is willing to put into it.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@couturier-dave 

@couturier-dave wrote:

thank you for letting us know, sneaky people................

couturier-dave
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't mind if it's removed. My point was to show some people are quite desperate for  earning rewards... In the past few minutes I received replies with other codes haha. I think I'll use my own referral code as I am a real friend for my wife. 

@couturier-dave 

The picture i going to be removed because it is advertising.

That note was included by whoever sold you the sim card. You can use the code or not. Amazon third party sellers can be anyone.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

There are third party seller at Amazon.ca.  Don't assume that all items are sold by amazon.ca

Need Help? Let's chat.